cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Twinkle Star Water Pressure Regulator

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I want to pick up an adjustable water pressure regulator. I'm thinking of the "Twinkle Star water pressure Regulator" with a gauge and inlet screen. Looks ok but I'd like some opinions or suggestions for an different one.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
6 REPLIES 6

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Get a quality WATTS adjustable PR.

That's the brand I have. Good construction.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Get a quality WATTS adjustable PR.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am not sure what brand of regulator I have because I am out of state right now, but be sure you get an adjustable regulator with a gauge, not just one with a gauge that is preset.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for using a pressure regulator! Many campgrounds use "city water" and their pressures can exceed 100psi which is a lot more than your water system is designed to handle.

The "Twinkle Star water pressure Regulator" Here's a link to a similar one that looks even better to me: https://www.amazon.com/Esright-Pressure-Regulator-Lead-Free-Adjustable/dp/B075RRCWGD/

I never had any luck with smaller and cheaper inline non-adjustable ones and have been using a whole house 3/4" Watts regulator adapted for male/female hose connections but the price for that is double what the one in the link is and there's no gauge. The gauge is not freeze proof and if you let it freeze the bourdon tube will be bent so that the gauge will no longer read correctly and there's no way to fix it. Once the pressure is set, there's no need for a gauge. Here's picture of the inside of a pressure gauge.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IF you are going to use the 'City Water' for source then by all means USE a water pressure regulator

You want one that has a decent flow rate and can control pressure....3 gpm minimum and 45-50#

I prefer a WATTS adjustable .....as it can be rebuilt if needed

I use it at spigot with a 'wye' to control water thru potable hose for refilling fresh water tank and thru the other non-potable hose for general service

I also exclusively use on-board pump since 2008 when had a major leak while sleeping using the pressure regulator, regulator controlled pressure to 50# but city water ran for HOURS flooding 5th wheel.
$6000 plus and 2 weeks of headaches (we were FTng at the time)
NOPE.....not again
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Not what your are asking about, but I don't use any water pressure regulators.

Many years ago, with our first travel trailer, we did an overnight at a KOA and the check-in manager recommended we use a pressure regulator because the campground pressure was 120 psi, which would blow out most RV plumbing. I thanked him for letting me know.

I thought about that setting up the campsite for the night and thought about that Cameo regulator the RV dealer gave us with the starter package. But I decided right then and there to never use a pressure regulator, or ever hook up to city water directly. From that point onward, we always filled our fresh water tank and used the on-board water pump. If we are at a campsite that has water on the site, I'll run the hose for convenience, but use it to fill the fresh tank only, then turn the water spigot completely off.

I figure, the on-board water pump, although it makes noise, will never exceed the RV's most extreme pressure possible. And I've never had problems with my water lines in over 20 years, 1 pup, 3 TT, and 1 5er later.

It's just a suggestion, something to think about. Good luck.