cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US RV Lock ??????

danewguy
Explorer
Explorer
While looking for a keyless lock for my RV we came across RVLock and a lock by US Stock. They look the same but there appears to be a huge cost difference, does anyone have any experience with the one from US Stock?
2007 Georgie Boy Landau 33ft and 2019 Cougar 26RBS 30ft
2 REPLIES 2

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the RVLock on my 5th wheel. I like it a lot and it has been flawless. Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. Make sure the other one isn't some knock off that breaks easily or doesn't fit.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever you get, be sure it fits your door. Locks for TT/5w are different than motorized RVs because of federal regulations for something that's occupied when in motion. Even among class As there are different door lock types and they are unlikely to interchange. A motorized RV door lock must be designed that when the door is shut, the lock 'captures' the part on the door frame. Usually a round pin with a larger end so in an accident, the door is unlikely to pop open. A simple striker like on a house door is not compliant because if the door frame spreads a little, the door can open where the striker with the larger end "captured" pin will not allow the frame to spread (unless there is serious damage).