cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

vent cover

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any difference between the black and white maxair vent covers?Will the black keep more sunlight out than the white or does it make no difference?
joe money
5 REPLIES 5

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like painting the inside of the covers black and leaving the outsde white is the best idea and sounds right to me.Thanks for the info.
joe money

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought the new-style ones a few years ago. Got a black one on a catalogue site for almost half price. Apparently they don't sell very well. Anyhoo, I put that one on the bedroom fan up front and it definately cuts some light. Can't speak for the heat part. Seems the fan running takes care of that.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

helperzack
Explorer
Explorer
Mine are white. A few years ago I painted them with white paint which was supposed to help protect from UV. In Florida I figured it might help.

So far so good. All of the plastic white items on top of the RV that I painted white remain in good condition. Plus after painting I have noticed that they stay much cleaner than they did before painted.

I'll guess it would make some difference depending on the color.

Go Vols!
Coachmen Mirada 310DS named "The Corporate Headquarters."
When camping I just tell clients that I am working at "Corporate Headquarters"

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
For the bedroom, I painted a white one black on the inside. It looks gray from the outside, but who's looking. It keeps the room much darker.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes there is, yes it will, yes it does. However, when black is keeping sunlight out, it's absorbing heat from the sun.

If you want it to be both light-blocking and heat-blocking, it has to be white on the outside and black or opaque on the inside.