cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Heater Anode

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what brand water heater I would have in my 2010 Jayco 23FB? I would like to order an anode kit for it, but the trailer is put away and covered.
Thanks
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L
6 REPLIES 6

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
rcmiller32 wrote:
The Atwood unit should have a plastic drain plug approximately 7/8" the Suburban unit is around 1-1/16" and metal with the anode rod attached. Per Atwood at the rally you should never use the anode rod in their units, and use the plastic drain plug. Not a steel one.

Correct......and those are socket sizes.
Atwood is nylon (high temp rated). Drain hole size is 1/2" so don't use any PVC plug---CPVC is OK but right at temp limit.

Suburban uses the anode rod attached to drain plug. Drain hole size is 3/4". Anode rod required to protect steel tank with glass-lining
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rcmiller32
Explorer
Explorer
The Atwood unit should have a plastic drain plug approximately 7/8" the Suburban unit is around 1-1/16" and metal with the anode rod attached. Per Atwood at the rally you should never use the anode rod in their units, and use the plastic drain plug. Not a steel one.
2014 Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP
2016 Ford C-Max Energi
Member FROG, FMCA, Life Member Good Sam Club, Member Coachmen Owners Association

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 what enblethen says... I think Most of the Atwood Hot water Heaters uses an aluminum tank instead of steel, and thus does not require an anode rod.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
No anode for Atwood water heaters!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking it was an Atwood, just wasn't positive....thanks
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The results of a few searches of Jayco and water and heater have turned up the name Atwood.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman