cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump not working

mclaned1
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a used trailer and the water pump is not turning on. Its a Shurflo pump. There is 14.27 volts to the Red wire on the front of the pressure switch. But no power to the pink wire that come out of the back of the pump and connects to the other connecting on the pressure switch.
The pumpcwill running if I take 3 of the 4 screws out of the pressure switch but them water leaks everywhere.
Its a 2006 prowler 24bh
21 REPLIES 21

mclaned1
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently in las vegas you cant buy just a pressure switch. I ended up just getting a whole new pump. It seem to be working.
BUT
I have black slimy algae in my freshwater tank, it keeps clogging up my inline filter and stops the water flow.
See new topic Removing freshwater tank.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

09FLSTC
Explorer
Explorer
I've had 3 Shurflo or however you spell them and hate them. Id consider the the Artis. Solved my problems and it pumps great
Artis

Swamp_Man
Explorer
Explorer
If you open a faucet and the water isn't coming out when you are trying to run the pump, and you have power to the red wire but not the pink, sounds like the diaphragm has gone which determines the pressure to operate the pump. You can purchase a new one or replace the pump.
Steve & Trudy Jackson
2018 Cyclone 4005
2016 Ford F-450 6.7 PSD
AirSafe 25K hitch

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
too little, too late

mclaned1
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a chance to look at it and apparently I did not have the city water turned on all the way but now that is working great the pump will run without the pressures switch connected

how do I test to see if its the pressure switch or not I assume it is the pressure switch went bad

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
bshpilot wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
You can buy a brand new Shurflo Pump #4008 (3 gpm/55 psi) for $65 LINK

I guess it depends on the pump....personally i like a little more flow than that.

Well then, how's 4 gpm/55 psi for $142 LINK

Point is you can replace a pump for a few dollars more than rebuilding them.........and you don't have to spend $200+ to do so. Just have to shop around.

or more likely (in an RV) a 5.7GPM / 65 PSI (5900 series) for $190+

the point is don't replace your (good) pump w/ a lower pressure/flow pump just to save a few bucks...especially when you can rebuild it for less.
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
bshpilot wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:

I guess it depends on the pump....personally i like a little more flow than that.

Well then, how's 4 gpm/55 psi for $142 LINK

Point is you can replace a pump for a few dollars more than rebuilding them.........and you don't have to spend $200+ to do so. Just have to shop around.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jamnw
Explorer
Explorer
If the city water is just "trickling" then it sounds like a shut valve somewhere. Look around inside where the water heater is mounted. Mine is in a closet, you have to remove the bottom panel to get to the valves.
MARRIED WITH 2 BOYS: AGES 11 AND 13 years!
2000 F250 PSD/CREW CAB (301000 original miles)
2014 Keystone Springdale 320FWFBH
USN Veteran, Aegis FC

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I'm on my way from Tahoe to Mammoth Lakes on Saturday, if you are near 395 I might be able to stop and help. PM me.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I'll go along with All58Parks, either there is a valve or a plugged line somewhere. I'd start by disconnecting the output line from the pump and run the pump. If the problem continues, remove the pump and disassemble the pressure switch section. If you don't find a blockage after removing the switch, replace the pressure switch assembly. They are available on line I'm sure or from an RV or Marine Store.

If the problem disappears after removing the output line, then close the valve from the tank to the pump and from the pump to the system and pressurize the system with your water hose attached to the city water inlet and check all the fixtures.

I know that visually following the lines is hard but we all have that problem, you just need to be persistent and try. Almost all systems have a series of valves to shut off the water or by pass the WH and or the pump and isolate the fixtures. I wish I was at home where my system drawings are that show typical configurations, not locations(no one can show all of those)but configurations. Sometimes that helps make the job easier just knowing how things are configured.

The system is very simple it's the confined spaces we have to work in that makes things difficult. Good luck and let us know what you find.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
RJsfishin wrote:
I just saw them for $48 incl shipping a day or 2 ago,.....can't member where !

you realize there are SEVERAL models of pumps don't you ??
Don R.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I just saw them for $48 incl shipping a day or 2 ago,.....can't member where !
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:

Don R.

mclaned1
Explorer
Explorer
What is the round plastic thing just before the pump. Is that a filter? Where can i look for additional shut off valves?