cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump replacement

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace the water pump in my Challenger fiver. In doing a search here, the SureFlo 4008 Revolution seems to be a popular choice. However, some say the Remco Aquajet is the way to go. It's also double to price.
I dry camp about 50% of the time and use city water the other 50%. I have an accumulator already installed.
Recommendations?
'05 Keystone Challenger 34 TBH 5th wheel MOR/ryde SRE/4000, Dexter wet bolt kit
'05 HD Dodge 3500 DRW extended cab CTD, 4X4, 4:10 gears
Mike & Shannon
Son Kasey & Daughter Lindsay
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade
Golden Retriver - JD (Just Dog)
8 REPLIES 8

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thirteen years on Aqua Flow, Replaced last year with same model 55psi and 5.5 gal per minute.
Seems all on them run on up to 10 amps, and the pumps carry cautions on mounting and for cooling air, and they can get hot if run continously or a very long time.

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. Im going to go with the Revolution.
'05 Keystone Challenger 34 TBH 5th wheel MOR/ryde SRE/4000, Dexter wet bolt kit
'05 HD Dodge 3500 DRW extended cab CTD, 4X4, 4:10 gears
Mike & Shannon
Son Kasey & Daughter Lindsay
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade
Golden Retriver - JD (Just Dog)

BluegrassBill
Explorer
Explorer
My AquaTech Aqua jet is still working perfect after 13 years. However it was pricey.
Bill & Kathy Francis
95 Itasca Sunrise 29RQ,P32 454 Chevy, Banks,ECM chip.Safe-T-Plus, Bilsteins, Super Steer Bell Crank, Stewart Stage 1 Waterpump, Severe Duty Fan Clutch, OilGuard Bypass Filter, Coolant Filter. Rear Tracbar. 1-5/8" Front Swaybar.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
haddy1 wrote:
ScottG wrote:
I have the Revolution in my new TT. It's quiet and works "OK" but the water flow isn't completley smooth and the pressure isn't great.
I'm used to my old Sensor 5.7 though, which will go on this trailer when my warranty is up.
(I have the only good 5.7 they ever made)

Just be aware that when that 5.7 fails, it may get VERY hot. Hot enough to cause a fire. I know this because it happened to me.

The only "good" 5.7's were the very first ones. They lost their original electronics supplier and it was "downhill" from there.

Interesting to hear the story and I'm not sure if it's one of the first but it sounds like it must be.
It' has worked great for 13 years though. I've even accidentally let it run dry for a couple of days on two occasions and it still works perfectly.
I guess I got lucky!

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
I have the Revolution in my new TT. It's quiet and works "OK" but the water flow isn't completley smooth and the pressure isn't great.
I'm used to my old Sensor 5.7 though, which will go on this trailer when my warranty is up.

Just be aware that when that 5.7 fails, it may get VERY hot. Hot enough to cause a fire. I know this because it happened to me.

The only "good" 5.7's were the very first ones. They lost their original electronics supplier and it was "downhill" from there.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
All of the variable speed pumps seem to have issues because of the electronics involved. The "Revolution" pumps are either off or on and vary the output with an internal bypass. IMO, that's a much more reliable system.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Iused the Revolution and it is quiet and works fine for my needs.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992