cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water tank won't fill

Teancum1957
Explorer
Explorer

New 2024 Cougar 2100RK; filling the fresh tank for the first time and the tank will not fill past 1/3. Nothing coming out of the vent. Leaving for the first trip in two days and doubt I'll get a service scheduled before I leave. TYIA for recommendations...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is gravity feed. Last night we pulled the cowling to expose the plumbing. The feed hose was not routed correctly with the hose sloping down, then as hose curved around to the tank it sloped upwards. Corrected the angle of the hose. Secondly, there was something obstructing the vent tube. I blew into the vent hose and felt the obstruction give way, then a lot of gurgling and water came back out of the hose. Between the two corrections the tank is now taking water. All fixed!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Am I correct assuming this RV has no gravity fill and the fill is off the city water hookup? If so maybe try draining the tank and while leaving the drain open try forcing water backwards through the vent to make sure it's not blocked.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

It is gravity feed. Last night we pulled the cowling to expose the plumbing. The feed hose was not routed correctly with the hose sloping down, then as hose curved around to the tank it sloped upwards. Corrected the angle of the hose. Secondly, there was something obstructing the vent tube. I blew into the vent hose and felt the obstruction give way, then a lot of gurgling and water came back out of the hose. Between the two corrections the tank is now taking water. All fixed!