cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

Mr__Hybridist
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
bikendan wrote:
wagreens wrote:
wagreens wrote:
Added some sliding shelves to the pantry.

Bottom drawer fully extended. I made them side out as far as possible so that it is easy to get to the stuff in the back.

We added a child safety lock so that the cabinet would not come open during transit.

repost because the images were not seen under FireFox

still not seeing them with Firefox.

I see them quite well with Firefox here

When I was at work today I saw them fine in internet explorer but here at home using firefox they don't show up.
Nights slept...don't know, but it's never enough.

2006 Shamrock 232
2007 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab, 5.9 CTD
Reese WDH & Sway Bar

Landscape Pics
Trailer and Camping
My Blog

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
wagreens wrote:
wagreens wrote:

Bottom drawer fully extended. I made them side out as far as possible so that it is easy to get to the stuff in the back.

We added a child safety lock so that the cabinet would not come open during transit.

I see them quite well with Firefox here
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

haroldpe86
Explorer
Explorer
yours, sir!?

anyways, here's a welded rear hitch for bike rack added to our HTT:

Gary - 2010 Kodiak 184 HTT

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
wagreens wrote:
wagreens wrote:

Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

wagreens
Explorer
Explorer
wagreens wrote:

2001 V6 Toyota Tundra / 2005 StarCraft Antiqua 195CK

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
wagreens wrote:
Who's pictures are you not seeing?

I see yours and those look great. Did you build or buy the shelves?
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

wagreens
Explorer
Explorer
Who's pictures are you not seeing?

haroldpe86
Explorer
Explorer
pictures- we need pictures!
Gary - 2010 Kodiak 184 HTT

wagreens
Explorer
Explorer

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
These look good.... except...

Shelves aren't centered, TV bracket is crooked and the liquid levels aren't even. :B

HeyJude wrote:
We got a few things done today. I finally put in shelves in that tiny closet of ours. I did most of it by myself, and being me that is a huge accomplishment!
Here is the start...

Getting there.... first shelf is on!

Finally done! It was more expensive than I expected, but the end results were worth the expense.

Next... Gordon put a bracket up for our small LCD TV. It wasn't easy since we couldn't use either side wall or the outside wall. He made a stand that fit on the shelf, he matched the countertop and it looks pretty good.
This is the bracket and stand that he made. At first I didn't think it would work, or look good, but he did a great job!

View of the back where the TV is mounted.

This is how it looks when we are going down the road.

Viewing angle..

And now my favorite mod of all! I put a soap dispenser in the shower. Boy, did it clear up alot of room!

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640X480px maximum.

Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

wc5wc
Explorer
Explorer
Our Forest River 2006 Rockwood Roo 23B

Since the demise of analog TV, we have not really had a use for the raisable wing style antenna. I added a security cctv video with both IR to the top of the antenna housing and a halogen automotive fog light to the bottom of the antenna housing. The camera and light now rotate using the inside antenna rotation control. I used an $20 weather proof security camera with installed IR lighting and fed the video to my built in monitor in the camper using the extra video input. I ran an outdoor extension cord out through the hole in the roof that is used for the satellite radio antenna. This hole was under a piece of sheet metal screwed down to the roof. The camera and a cheap fog light from WalMart were mounted to the center of the wing style TV antenna. This allows the camera and the light to be rotated around when in the raised position. The camera UV lighting proved to be the most effect lighting for the camera. The flood also works well but I will use it mainly for lighting the areas around my camper. I also mounted a wifi yagi beam antenna made by MFJ Enterprises to the TV mast behind the antenna.

I used a combination of 3M outdoor rubber mounting tape that has a holding power of about 5lbs compared to most foam tapes with a holding power of 1 pound. I also used cable ties to act as a secondary securing method. No holes were drilled in the housing.
This photo shows the cabling I created for the wires to the camera and the wifi antenna that I also mounted to the wing antenna. The additional antennas that are shown are Amateur Radio antennas mounted on a large aluminum pan. The coax lines also use the same hole in the roof, which gives direct access to the electronics cabinet in the trailer.

The above photo shows the mods I have made to the electronics cabinet. The monitor was factory mounted flush inside the cabinet. I removed it, added a shelf, and mounted the monitor to a sing out arm that allows me to center the monitor in the trailer or rotate it backwards to be seen by the rear bed area. The added shelf is used for controllers etc. The TV rotates back into its approximate original storage position when in motion and is held inplace using a bungi chord. The radio antenna coax lines come out above the top shelf. The double wall switch above the sat receiver is used to control power to the IR/camera and the fog light. Power was taken directly from the 12vdc line available for the electronics. The wifi antenna coas comes out the botton TV antenna wall plate and has enough coax to reach to the table. The coax is simply pushed up into the wall for storage. The image from the CCTV is looking to the rear of my trailer. Tested at night, the whitelight fog light from WalMart did a great job of lighting the outside of the camper. I did discover that the camera's IR capabilities worked almost as good as using the fog light.

To view photos, please visit my web site. They are too large for posting here.

http://www.clarksons.org/roo23b.htm
Wiley WC5WC / WPQM280
Walnut Springs, TX

my personal web site: http://www.clarksons.org

Mr__Hybridist
Explorer
Explorer
Last week while camping I decided to install the satellite radio into the trailer.

I forgot to bring tools like a drill but thankfully the walls are thin and I did have my leatherman.

So here is the location the radio will be. Right above the concertone

I used two wire taps to take the 12v supply and extend it to a 12v outlet. I didn't get a shot of the outlet but it's just a 12v power outlet on a curly cord.

Holes drolled with screwdrivers.

Holes cut with leatherman.

Wiring run to the receiver location. Audio out on the left and the power and antenna on the right.

Wiring attached to receiver docking station. 3m velcro type tape to hang it on the wall.

Hang it on the wall and it's done.

A couple of things that aren't shown. The Sirius parts are from a universal car kit. The antenna is meant to be mounted on the roof of a car. I've found by experience that it can be inside and still get reception. The antenna is magnetic so that it'll attach to a car roof so I've stuck it to the mounting hardware that is holding the microwave. It gives a good metal surface for reception and after testing the top of the microwave for heat i think it will be ok for temperature.

Interesting point, turning on the microwave instantly blocked the signal to the microwave.
Nights slept...don't know, but it's never enough.

2006 Shamrock 232
2007 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab, 5.9 CTD
Reese WDH & Sway Bar

Landscape Pics
Trailer and Camping
My Blog

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
We got a few things done today. I finally put in shelves in that tiny closet of ours. I did most of it by myself, and being me that is a huge accomplishment!
Here is the start...

Getting there.... first shelf is on!

Finally done! It was more expensive than I expected, but the end results were worth the expense.

Next... Gordon put a bracket up for our small LCD TV. It wasn't easy since we couldn't use either side wall or the outside wall. He made a stand that fit on the shelf, he matched the countertop and it looks pretty good.
This is the bracket and stand that he made. At first I didn't think it would work, or look good, but he did a great job!

View of the back where the TV is mounted.

This is how it looks when we are going down the road.

Viewing angle..

And now my favorite mod of all! I put a soap dispenser in the shower. Boy, did it clear up alot of room!

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640X480px maximum.

2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I made a flag pole holder for my tongue jack but as it's jacked down in my parking area, the flag hits the ground. Hopefully it will be OK when I camp. I may have to raise it up some.

Also did my "Stinky Slinky" storage mod.

As seen from the front. Drilled about 20 1/8" holes but you can only see these 7. Too small for wasps but large enough for some air flow.

As seen from the rear of the trailer. Drilled 20 1/8" holes for ventilation and to reduce the chance of wasps getting in.

I bent a piece of heavy steel and epoxied a bolt to it to hold the tube to the trailer frame. Used three bolts. May want to remove and relax the bend angle a little if it starts to weat on the hose. I did grind the edges smooth though.

Looking inside the 6" PVC pipe.

Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

WI_Bowhunter
Explorer
Explorer
Here is my home-made wheel chocks for dual axle. I found the idea on rv.net and made one change. I added a tightening nut with a plastic hand grip. I can put them on without any tools or wrenches!
I found these hand nuts at Grainger Supply for $3.80 each. I have about $17.00 into a pair of these chocks. Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming.
Side Note... The plastic nut is threaded and tapped through, so the rod can pass though it completely as tightened.

First time posting with a pic, hope to do it correctly.
Keep the Shiny Side Up!;)

2011 F150 Supercrew, 4X4 3.5 Ecoboost, 145" wheelbase, 3.73 gears, Max trailer Tow package

2014 Puma 30DBSS
Equali-I-Zer WD Hitch

3 kids and 1 DW