cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
No. It is just pushed all the way to the right with a velcro wrap around it. Funny it doesn't show at all in the picture.
Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

Lanningjw
Explorer
Explorer
Steve, did you remove the shower curtain?
2010 Roo 19
2011 Silverado 5.3 6 speed 3.08 axle ratio tow package HD cooling integrated brake controller

4Jeeperz
Explorer
Explorer
We have a few new mods to share.
Added a reverse switch to our Fantastic Fan so we can use it for exhaust or intake.

Added a removable clothes pole for drying wet items over the shower.

Replaced the 3/4 extension drawer hardware with full extension. Had to get the 10" top drawer hardware online.
Steve in L.A.
'04 F-150
'10 Roo 19

Jeremy626
Explorer
Explorer
My almost completed LCD mount for my '11 Pal S-21RGS. The front LCD bracket it complete, I just need to do some fit & finish of the cables. More pictures to come. I'm still working on the wood bracket for the 2nd TV near the rear bunks.

Front TV area:

Front TV connections:

Satellite, DVD Input (RCA from DVD/stereo), Antenna/Cable input, Power

Constructing the TV bracket

Back side of the TV bracket with a notch routed out for the power, coax and video cables

Bracket that the articulating arm hangs on. This allows me to remove the TV for travel, but leaves the bracket

Bracket stained and installed. I used hollow wall anchors to secure the wood bracket to the wall. I still need to cut the coax to length and hang the TV.

The TV doesn't have a removable power cable, so to make it easy to disconnect for travel, I routed an extension cord through the bracket.

Power, video, and coax cables come out the side and route over to the outlets. These will be run through wire loom to dress it up.

** UPDATE **
Finally finished up the front TV installation today.

cables in loom & secured

TV hung

wires ziptied, will route them through wireloom as well.

closeup of the wires out the back

I like having the TV off the cabinet (free's up space, and reduces the risk of the kids knocking it over). The rear TV will be on the same type of articulating bracket mainly to keep it from getting knocked over.

Lanningjw
Explorer
Explorer
4Jeeperz wrote:
Here's our latest:
Replaced the unused oak knife holder behind oven/stove with two removeable pockets for "stuff".

Moved fresh water pump intake to the lower drain position to access all water while dry camping. This was an idea viewed here on rv.net. (Get plenty of good ideas here!)

2010 Roo 19
2011 Silverado 5.3 6 speed 3.08 axle ratio tow package HD cooling integrated brake controller

Lanningjw
Explorer
Explorer
We copie all you mods, hope you do not mind.

4Jeeperz wrote:
Here's our latest:
Replaced the unused oak knife holder behind oven/stove with two removeable pockets for "stuff".

Moved fresh water pump intake to the lower drain position to access all water while dry camping. This was an idea viewed here on rv.net. (Get plenty of good ideas here!)

2010 Roo 19

jerr529
Explorer
Explorer
Try West marine or Boaters World, thats where i purchased mine .
23ss Roo 09
chevy 09 Silverado 5.3 V8 3.73
DW,4boys all grown, GC 5 boys 5 girls ages 8 down to 1

Equalizer hitch
ultra fab 3500 Power Jack

http://community.webshots.com/user/jerr7

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
mikenem wrote:
my local autozone was more than useless in helping me. Thanks

My local Autozone is less than useless in most aspects of auto repair parts. The only thing worse than their limited on hand inventory is their sorry staff that can't even be bothered to call you to tell your part is in... especially if it came in early and you could have put your truck together 3 days earlier instead of leaving it on jack stands for nearly a week. Go ahead, ask me how I really feel about Autozone... :M
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

KMx2
Explorer
Explorer
mikenem wrote:
Where can I find one of these battery cut-off switches? my local autozone was more than useless in helping me. Thanks

Surprising, they should have them there. If your autoparts store are of no help they are available online in many places. I got mine from Amazon. You should also be able to get on from an RV parts store or marine parts as well.
I got a regular old plastic $10 one and used an outdoor switch housing to mount it.
Sold the HTT. Now camping in a Kelty tent.

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
RV stores, boat supply places, trailer sales places, I've even seen them at Walmart. Of course I don't use one, but that's a different story.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
mikenem wrote:
Where can I find one of these battery cut-off switches? my local autozone was more than useless in helping me. Thanks

West Marine or Camping World or most RV parts stores.

they aren't normal automotive items, so you won't find them in an auto parts store.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

mikenem
Explorer
Explorer
Mike & Emily D
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CC
2013 Keystone Summerland 2820

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
2007 ROO 23SS bought June 2007. TV 2008 Dodge Dakota 4.7 Eng
with 3.92:1 gearing = 6800 towing capacity

Wifes Dressing Mirror

Wire bins to hold cups plates glasses etc

Spice Rack, Jar Opener, Under counter light

Note board/ check lists

Halogen light under awning

Turned Bathroom Light 90 Degrees better lighting

Turned Kitchen light 90 degrees better lighting

Board keeps leg from moving on ground anchor kit used too

Added elect outlet wired to microwave circuit for volt meter

12v oulet added for dry caming i.e. National Tractor Pulls Bowling Green Oh.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
We Cant Wait wrote:
I've noticed the quite a few of the mods resulted in the addition of a significant amount of weight. How many of you have weight you TT fully loaded for a weeks camping w/TV fully loaded, kids, wood, coolers everything?

the majority of us have enough of a weight cushion that it's not an issue.

i have a 2200lbs. weight cushion to add to, if i want.:W
i'm not a believer of marginal tow vehicles.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I never even weighed mine before I started installing any mods
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS