cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
7,968 REPLIES 7,968

joeyg
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
stsmark wrote:
In Sept 2018 Elon proclaimed GF1 would be off grid by Dec 2019. They have not even put up any additional solar panels. I just think that if I made that statement as well as the hardware to accomplish it, Iโ€™d step up to do it on a clean sheet design building. Especially since they all have large plots of land for expansion.

Although I canโ€™t say I followed your thought train in the above from what I can tell you are offering to step up and get it done. Elon is on twitter. Give him a shout and let him know you are ready to go. :).

Economics people, economics.

Tesla GF got a very good deal from Nevada Energy that it's cheaper for them to draw from it than have a cash out and later depreciation cost that will hit their profit. and loss.

And yes, I am against all corporate welfare and subsidies. Why the heck is the oil industry still. getting billions in tax breaks? We can start with that!

Oil Companies get the same tax breaks (Deductions) any other manufacturing company gets. They also get to deduct the loss in value in the well each year which is basically depreciation.

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer

Tesla Gigafactory Austin 4K 8/25/20

Elon Musk is worth $96 billion, making him the fourth-richest man in the world, according to Bloomberg. He's about to get a lot richer.
The Tesla CEO takes no regular salary, but in 2018 shareholders approved a pay package that could eventually give him 20.3 million stock options, paid in 12 equal tranches, potentially making him the richest person in the world.

Elon Musk is worth $96 billion

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
stsmark wrote:
It has absolutely nothing to do with the Semi. John, my point is if I was Elon and made this statement below, he should step up somewhere. Itโ€™s not like they canโ€™t afford it. He had been enjoying the cheap power from his neighbor a 1100MW gas plant for a couple years when he said it. What theyโ€™ve accomplished is awesome, this strikes me as a next step to legitimize solar/ storage in industrial setting.
I have a neighbor who is awaiting installation of a solar roof and double Powerwall combo. They
also have an EV so it will be interesting if they will have any monthly electric charges.

This is utterly false. Fossil fuel merchants of doubt have been pushing that bs for years. Tesla Gigafactory will be 100% renewable powered (by Tesla Solar) by end of next year.

โ€” Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 25, 2018

Well, business plans change as the market environment changes. Itโ€™s not about wether he can afford it as he only owns around 20 percent of the stock. If you are a stockholder and want it done let him know.

Both GM and VW have made statements to the effect that they would be dominant in the industry By around 2020. We can see how thatโ€™s going.

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
It has absolutely nothing to do with the Semi. John, my point is if I was Elon and made this statement below, he should step up somewhere. Itโ€™s not like they canโ€™t afford it. He had been enjoying the cheap power from his neighbor a 1100MW gas plant for a couple years when he said it. What theyโ€™ve accomplished is awesome, this strikes me as a next step to legitimize solar/ storage in industrial setting.
I have a neighbor who is awaiting installation of a solar roof and double Powerwall combo. They
also have an EV so it will be interesting if they will have any monthly electric charges.

This is utterly false. Fossil fuel merchants of doubt have been pushing that bs for years. Tesla Gigafactory will be 100% renewable powered (by Tesla Solar) by end of next year.

โ€” Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 25, 2018

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
stsmark wrote:
In Sept 2018 Elon proclaimed GF1 would be off grid by Dec 2019. They have not even put up any additional solar panels. I just think that if I made that statement as well as the hardware to accomplish it, Iโ€™d step up to do it on a clean sheet design building. Especially since they all have large plots of land for expansion.

Although I canโ€™t say I followed your thought train in the above from what I can tell you are offering to step up and get it done. Elon is on twitter. Give him a shout and let him know you are ready to go. :).

Economics people, economics.

Tesla GF got a very good deal from Nevada Energy that it's cheaper for them to draw from it than have a cash out and later depreciation cost that will hit their profit. and loss.

And yes, I am against all corporate welfare and subsidies. Why the heck is the oil industry still. getting billions in tax breaks? We can start with that!

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Bird Freak wrote:
Could someone explain what the heck any of this has to do with RV's?
Tesla Semi is a tow vehicle that looks like it will be produced in the next couple years in TX at a new factory currently under construction. Semi will be used to pull your Spacecraft brand trailer.

And of course anything with the word Tesla or Elon is very polarizing over hyped and over critical. Demonstrated throughout the entire thread.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Bird Freak wrote:

The Cybertruck as well as E150 and other Etrucks are often discussed in this thread in the context of tow vehicles. But yah. Panels on the roof of the car factory seems to be a stretch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
stsmark wrote:

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
stsmark wrote:
And not a single factory setup or projected to be able to be off grid.

Ummm, ok, do all new auto factories do that now? Actually donโ€™t know.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
stsmark wrote:
Uh, in plain English?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer