cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
7,968 REPLIES 7,968

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
you will never see many of these weird overpriced vehicles, if any, on the road. Next back to my comfortable Sunday morning routine. Burp.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
stsmark wrote:
Doesnโ€™t Tesla say 70% in a 30 min. charge so thatโ€™s only 350 under ideal conditions.
I believe ideal conditions would be an overnight charge for day use local service. I understand this is about 80% of the trucking market even if there tends to be a focus on cross country long haul service to prove the value.

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s interesting that Nikola is actually saying up to 330 mi. range using a 778 kWh pack. They also have several disclaimers about factors that can limit it.
I still think 500 miles for the Semi is optimistic at best, especially after they went back to the 2170 cells. When Elon said 621 miles that was using 4680 cells. Itโ€™s going to need a 1 Meg pack at least to go 500 miles.
Doesnโ€™t Tesla say 70% in a 30 min. charge so thatโ€™s only 350 under ideal conditions.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Groover wrote:
I just hope that the Cybertruck is betting suited for towing than the electric trucks currently on the market. I was excited about getting an electric truck for my business until I started seeing tow test results.

Itโ€™s still a half ton. My guess is it like other EVโ€™s will be well suited to smaller lower profile trailers. Larger heavier units with big profiles will be better suited to diesel tow vehicles.

We are members of a few electric vehicle towing groups on social media. Those pulling lower profile units are actually pretty happy with their tow experience. But those towing taller bigger units are generally disappointed when doing longer road trips. Right tool for the right job.

Appreciate this info. Wifey is not going back small after experiencing my big, lol.

I'm actually waiting for a review from someone who put a Lance 650 type truck camper on F150 Lightning. And hopefully tested it on chilly weather.

Maybe, he'll get a better range.

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:

NHRA's new Street Legal EV class will make its championship debut at the NHRA Summit Racing Series National Championships at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The entry list includes eight drivers in Street Legal EV across each of the seven NHRA divisions, marking a highly successful first year for the new class.

NHRA

How they get around the NHRA equipment requirements? Or are most of these Teslas cut open and roll cages installed? (Behind the tinted windows of course)
Because surely they're fast enough to be in the cage categories.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Groover wrote:
I just hope that the Cybertruck is betting suited for towing than the electric trucks currently on the market. I was excited about getting an electric truck for my business until I started seeing tow test results.

Itโ€™s still a half ton. My guess is it like other EVโ€™s will be well suited to smaller lower profile trailers. Larger heavier units with big profiles will be better suited to diesel tow vehicles.

We are members of a few electric vehicle towing groups on social media. Those pulling lower profile units are actually pretty happy with their tow experience. But those towing taller bigger units are generally disappointed when doing longer road trips. Right tool for the right job.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:

Agree!

2/3 drop in range when towing and 33% lower range just because temperature dropped to 40F --- and seeing that dealer's price of $111,540 for a Lariat (extended range) is a deal breaker. Specially that I meant it to pull my RV trailer or putting in a truck camper.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:
Maybe we could get back to RV related posts instead of NHRA related posts. How the semi pulls, and when/if the semi pulls is more relevant to this thread. ๐Ÿ™‚ Although relevancy seems varied at best. ๐Ÿ™‚

I did read somewhere that the Cybertruck is supposed to start production end of 2023. Seems like it's always going to happen "next year".

I read that too, although tesla Canada pointed out that it is still the same timeline. Production starts beginning third quarter with production ramp up last part of 2023. Time will tell.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Pbutler97 wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
December is just around the corner.

Any bets?

Odds should be good for the naysayers specially with Elon's lost credibility (and current distraction as Chief Tweet and Putin and Xi messenger, lol).

Triggered are we? LOL.

Lost credibility? Just read he's sheet canning half of the Twitter workforce. Thats awesome.

I am triggered! Who won't?

Because it's neither here or there except the commonality with lots of people who find it "awesome" that Americans are losing jobs, the country (and the world) into high inflation and us and even most advanced countries may have a recession.

It's also apparent and I noticed that you've not made a position on the fact that Tesla or Elon said that commercial deliveries of semi will start December.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe we could get back to RV related posts instead of NHRA related posts. How the semi pulls, and when/if the semi pulls is more relevant to this thread. ๐Ÿ™‚ Although relevancy seems varied at best. ๐Ÿ™‚

I did read somewhere that the Cybertruck is supposed to start production end of 2023. Seems like it's always going to happen "next year".
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Any bets?

Odds should be good for the naysayers specially with Elon's lost credibility (and current distraction as Chief Tweet and Putin and Xi messenger, lol).

Triggered are we? LOL.

Lost credibility? Just read he's sheet canning half of the Twitter workforce. Thats awesome.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer

Any bets?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Must be some EV haters which my daughter and son-in-law often encounter along these roadways while driving their Teslas.

Might not be the EV that people hate...just throwin that out there.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold