cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIDEO: The Engine Repairs and Improvements are Completed

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II

20240928_154816.jpg20240929_191916.jpg0ae154a8-c7f8-496f-9fcc-c1ffd94bda7a.jpgIMG_20241007_122017.jpg20240929_192728.jpg

VIDEO >>> https://youtu.be/cA_M2odj-oc  <<< VIDEO
The Engine Repairs and Improvements are Completed and it Runs Beautifully, we are Truck Camper Ready once again!
The Cometic head gaskets are half as thick as the old Fel-Pro gaskets were, equating to a valve chamber volume about 2CC less raising all compression numbers to above 200 to 220. Before the compression numbers were 185 to 200 so a pretty big difference. ARP Head Studs torqued to 85-90 pounds for more accurate torque with no stretch, than a twist to yield stretch scheme of stock bolts. The Melling 176 HV oil pump with the lower pressure spring brought the idiot gauge up to 3/4 from 1/2. The Gibson short tube headers fit right in as stock replacement and actually sound quieter. I ported out the heads exhaust passages to better fit and port match the headers. The MMR Racing rear of head coolant adaptors are working nicely. The engine now runs at 172 to 174 degrees where before it ran at 176 to 180.the rear adapters also provide 2 more paths back to the water pump in case the heater core has a blockage so a boil over situation is much less likely now. I replaced the timing chains, guides, and tensioners with Melling, which is working nicely. The red coolant hose is a heavy-duty grade, and I like the look. I had to make all the brass barb fittings from parts, and they look and work great. For kicks, I added a water pressure gauge off the crossover tube. It shows the coolant system water pressure which at idle is 3 to 5 pounds, and at 2000 + RPM, it hits between 15 and 20 psi. Projects still to come are an Economy Gauge by Stewart Warner, the Y-Pipe exhaust conversion eliminating the 180 degree bend at the front right and a better junction with the left pipe. I also will be installing the heavier 2950 rated front 3 leaf springs, replacing the old sagging front 2 leaf springs.
Plenty of cool projects coming up.

0 REPLIES 0