cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First RV,Travel Trailer, Toy Hauler ever!

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, so I have been around the whole desert/river scene since I was 13 racing motocross most my life I always have had some type of toy and but never owned a trailer. Now with a wife and a little girl on the way a toy hauler is going to be the only way ill get back to the desert. So I have the truck and towing experience and shopping for my first unit, now I plan on putting a 2 door time attack car around 2800lbs or so in it so I am only looking at 3 axle trailers with 15' plus garages. I have narrowed it down to a 07 triple axle (FSC3200) 780 HRS on generator(2 ac units) asking 17k the other is an 09 Forest River Sandstorm not sure what model but it is a triple axle (1 ac unit) but it does have solar panels and an invertor and (390 HRS on its generator) asking 15K pretty much same floorplan as the WW above...both trailers about 6 hrs drive...

If you guys can give me your input that be great thanks in advance, ill put the links below
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/723410235660064/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A40f1871b-fd1e-4c81-b19e-8685611f187d
22 REPLIES 22

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
Also ill be using a prorpide 3 for my hitch with 1400lb bars...

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
And more info, my truck is rated at 3600lbs of payload so when traveling with the car ill keep the tanks dry and fill them when I arrive at the track but when boondocking ill only have two full size atvs and a 90 on board so truck shouldnt have any issues there.

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
Hey thanks for adding the links and response...so I would like to keep the use of the entire bed thats why I was looking at a bumper pull and far as the numbers on the gen the 2007 WW has 790hrs on it and the 2009 Forest River 390hrs on it as well solar panels and inverter and 1 ac. The WW has 2 ac units and no solar panels only an inverter.

dedmiston
Hey Out There,

Welcome to the forum, and especially welcome to the Toy Hauler forum.

Those both look like interesting deals depending on their condition. It's pretty hard to gauge the condition based on a few pics though. You'll have to go see them to tell. Check out the number of hours on the generator to get a ballpark idea of how much the owners used them.

Are you dead-set on something that size? My first impression on both of those is that I would never ever want a triple-axle bumper pull trailer. Bumper pull trailers that long are going to want to sway all over the place and they're also going to be trickier to back up and park than a similar length fifth-wheel.

I used to have a 30' Weekend Warrior bumper pull and I wouldn't have wanted it one inch longer. My 2500 diesel RAM pulled the trailer just fine, but it was a lot of work. By comparison, my newer fifth wheel is 15' longer and much easier to drive down the road. It's more work to back up and park, but I can live with that.

Other than that, those both look like comfortable models. I think the Warrior is probably a little nicer. I always liked the looks of those "Tiki Edition" models. Just make sure the frame is OK and hasn't been bent. There was a problem with Weekend Warriors back in the day, so make sure that this one wasn't one of them.

Also, with your 2,800# car, pay close attention to the specs on those two trailers and make sure you won't be overweight. Make sure to add in the weight of the gas in the fueling station, 8.3 pounds per gallon for fresh water, and however much your tools, groceries, camp chairs, BBQ, clothes, and all the other stuff you're bringing will weigh. You're probably bumping up against the cargo capacities for those two units.

If you're not totally sold on these two models, look for a similar length 5th wheel and see if you find something that gives you the same fifteen feet of cargo space. Also keep the specs of your truck in mind. You might be pushing the limits of your truck's hitch with those tongue weights where a similar fifth wheel's pin weight would be OK.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not often you see a bumper-pull trailer that long.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
link 1

Link 2

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
If those links dont worl please let me know.
Also would you guys add panels to the WW or go with the Forest River with the panels and just add the sec ac that the WW already has? I guess im trying to figure out what would you do .. add the panels to the WW or the second ac to the Forest River? any and all thoughts welcome thanks again guys!

WEOUTHERE
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1192141518398415/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A10c1455e-e321-48bc-8b8d-cb489af23951

Here is the weekend warrior