Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happijac bed lift

RaptorVelocity
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,
I have a happijac bed lift in my Keystone Raptor toy hauler.
I recently switched the bottom bunk out for a dinette set up. It’s been working awesome and great to have the garage be usable space.
However when friends and or family come to visit, I would like to be able to use the top bunk without having to take the dinette down first.

I was hoping there might be a way where I can lock the bottom bunk in place and move the top bunk up and down.
Or possibly switch the mounted chain to the top bunk and use some type of C clip to hold the lower bunk in place while travelling.
That way I can lower the dinette all the way down unhook it, then move the top bunk back up and just bring it down as I need it.

Thanks in advance
Cheers
3 REPLIES 3

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Edit, maybe you can reconfigure it, to lose mobility of the bottom benches. Just look at it. It’s very simplistic.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
OP. Nope.
And this is the TC forum not the toyhauler forum. But I had one of them and what you say won’t work. Although there’s no reason you can’t leave the top bunk in sleeping position and use the benches under it. That’s what we did. Never really raised the top bunk all the way up since we never put tall toys in it.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
You can probably take the bottom bunk completely out leaving only the “lifters” for the bottom bunk in the 4 corners. Those lifters along with the “top bunk pins” should allow the remaining top bunk to move up, down, and “pinned” as desired. That would require mounting the dinette in place on the floor; never to move. Other than that you may be out of luck.