Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1993 Lance 480 Truck Camper Roof Rack

Will_Turner
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings,
I am looking for advice on how to attach cross bars to the factory round rails on my 1993 Lance 480 truck camper roof. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Will_Turner
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am really just trying to install two cross bars that run perpendicular to the existing factory roof rails in order to install a storage box or other roof top mounts. I think I found out what I need to accomplish this, but we will see.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Mine that came off a Lance 480,looks like this!

Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
If the crossbars are new they should have instructions as to do it. From what I remember they had a slide mechanism that tightened down with a plastic screw. Theirs a groove in the top of the bars already installed on the roof. I don't remember if I had to remove the rear piece of the installed bars or not to install the crossbar slider. I don't think so, I think they just go in the groove and turn. Mine have been up there for years and have a roof pod attached. I can't really answer your question better than that but I can take some pics after work if it's still daylight. This is all from memory, so not really reliable. So I'm told... LOL

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I took mine off last year because it made for a big swimming pool with the cover on..Not quite sure what your asking....
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04