cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2002 Celebrity 30'

RomperStomper
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know who makes Celebrity campers? If so, what type of quality are they. I sold my truck camper and am looking to get a TT. There's a 2002 30' Celebrity TT on craigslist for $4500.00. Living room slide, private master, new tires, and fold down bunks. Haven't talked to the guy yet but his description and pics of the TT looks pretty good. If there is no water damage to me it sounds like a good deal. Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

RomperStomper
Explorer
Explorer
Alright, just got back from looking at the camper. It's made by TL Industries. The inside is very nice however I was able to find some signs of water damage in the aft upper lt and rt storage cabinets in the master bedroom. I brought my own ladder so I was able to climb up and locate the water intrusion. The seam where the metal and rubber roof come together had some tiny holes in it. Seems like an easy fix. The rest of the roof looks real good. I couldn't find any other signs of leaks. It will eventually need a new awning. Needs new tires, he said they were new and looking at the tread you would think they were but the DOT date and cracks on the sidewalls told otherwise.(5yrs old) The underneath had a lot of surface rust but structurally looks sound. All in all it is in pretty decent shape for an 02. No bad odors and everything works except for the hot water line to the sink in the bathroom. New tires are gonna be at least $500 and a new awning at least $800. I offered him $3000 cash, he countered with $4200, I re-countered with $3900. He said he paid $5500 2yrs ago for it and since I was the first one to look at it and he has been getting a bunch of calls on it he wanted to wait until the end of the week before making a deal with me. Any suggestions? I really can't find much info on the camper as to the value and I really hate to pass up a good deal!

RomperStomper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I have looked all over the internet and can't find the same model. I talked to the owner and he said it is a 30FW. He's the second owner and looking to upgrade. Sounds pretty nice from his description and is already all set up so the family and I are gonna go take a look at it. Wish us luck!

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
This post came from the NADA website. I hope it helps.

Producing fifth wheel and travel trailers, the Skyline Corporation’s Celebrity brand operated from the 2002 to 2004 model year. Celebrity-Skyline trailers range in lengths from 24 to 36 feet with up to 3 slide-out sections available on some models for maximum interior space. Celebrity-Skyline fifth wheel and travel trailers are best suited for family, weekend vacationing.
John 😛
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT