cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 rockwood ultra light 2602

shawnzy
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, I'm new here did a lot of research for my new camper on this site with different suggestions.. I have purchased a 2007 rockwood ultra light 26'.. Its in phenomenal shape, has all factory installed caulking except for added self levelling sealant on roof top. I was told and was assuming because it did say sleeps 6 that the couch would fold down to a bed, while doing my walk through after the purchase the guy tried to put couch down but could not assuming it was just for storage.. I couldn't find any information online about it but I figure this would be the site that could help me... oddly enough they put a outlet behind the couch that is I believe isn't reachable without the couch dropping down and if it is not able to can I buy a bracket to make it a fold down bed??

thanks for all the help!
Shawn
10 REPLIES 10

stus__family
Explorer
Explorer
Our trailer is at the storage lot so I can't check for sure right now but I have had two Rockwood trailers and I believe you grab the top of the back and pull the back toward you. Once the back is down a metal frame will unfold to complete the bed. Both of mine had an air mattress hanging on the back with an electric pump to inflate and deflate the mattress this is the reason for the outlet that you see. I have not needed to use it for a couple of years that is why I'm a little unsure the exact procedure but it was never a problem to set up or undo the next morning.

shawnzy
Explorer
Explorer
Harrow RV Dealer

Speedogomer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not far from Windsor, where did you buy it from? I have a friend that just traded a Rockwood into hillcrest RV.
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn, "Katy"
2014 Outback Terrain 260trs "Alice"
2011 French Bulldog Shelter adopted edition, "Roscoe"
1982 DW, "Rachel"
2016 DD "Harper", the newest lil camper.

shawnzy
Explorer
Explorer
I will look into that, the factory caulking has no cracks or gaps with the camper... unless it has been replaced and salesman has no idea.. after reading this the wife and Iwent out and pulled and tugged on that couch and finally got it to let go it is a fold down!! Salesman didn't think it was..

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Mike Up is right, the sealants need to be renewed over time as there is a lot of movement in the joints. A pressurize leak test will turn up even a pinhole.

Could there be some type of latch or release on the couch?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
I would do a leak test on the unit. Not good that it has all the original caulking. I had a leak test done on my 2012 and found several areas on the sides that leaked. Caught it, corrected it, alls good!

Same with my 2008 but it was just visual. Windows are the biggest leak problems along with the corners.

Caulking is the biggest issue a trailer can have. I've seen a left over model on the dealers lot leak because they didn't check it while it had been sitting for a few years.

Sounds like a nice camper, good luck with it.

There's owners here who have that model. Do a search, find out who they are, and then private message them. You should get your answers.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

Farmerkev
Explorer
Explorer
Lift up the bottom and pull outward if it's a jack knife sofa.

shawnzy
Explorer
Explorer
I totally agree but what gets me is the back isn't fixed it does have movement like on a hinged bracket but I tried and tried to pull it out thinking its a fold out bed but it will not..

oughtsix
Explorer
Explorer
It seems like the force required to pull my couch into a bed is in about a 45 degree angle from the front of the couch lifting it both up and out. It is not completely obvious the first time you pull it out.

If your couch is not meant to be a bed I would guess it would be easier to replace the couch with a flip out couch than alter a permanently affixed couch but I guess that depends on how handy and creative you are. I have never come across a generic retrofit bracket.
2006 Duramax Crew Cab Long Bed pickup.
2007 Coachman Captiva 265EX trailer.

shawnzy
Explorer
Explorer