cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2011 PUMA 30FBSS advice needed on purchase ?

michaelman501
Explorer
Explorer
My MIL is looking to buy a 2011 Puma 30FBSS this weekend and i am going to check it out tonight for her. I am just curious if anyone on here owns one of these or a Puma for that matter, what are there weak spots ? Anything in particular i should look for ? Thanks in advance.

Michael
4 REPLIES 4

slacktide
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to purchase a Puma in the next few months. I have done a great deal of research and feal it is well worth the price. I am going to go across the country to purchas it because they want 10K more in my local area. I will enjoy the trip and make it a vacation.

schwartzworld
Explorer
Explorer
michaelman501 wrote:
My MIL is looking to buy a 2011 Puma 30FBSS this weekend and i am going to check it out tonight for her. I am just curious if anyone on here owns one of these or a Puma for that matter, what are there weak spots ? Anything in particular i should look for ? Thanks in advance.

Michael

Weak spot is the axles. I have a 2009 Puma 29FQS. Had to replace one axle and rebuild the other. Other than that, they are tanks. They are heavy so you'll need a bigger tow vehicle. Never had any major issues other than the axles. Well laid out, lots of storage. You'll be happy with it.

michaelman501
Explorer
Explorer
Olbeachcomber wrote:
My wife and I have a 2011 Puma 19 RL that we use regularly for normal camping, and I also use it as a hunting camp during deer season. We absolutley love it, and have had no problems whatsoever with it. We are going to upgrade to a larger unit this summer or fall, and will be buying another Puma. IMHO your MIL will not be disappointed.

That's great to here, thanks!

Olbeachcomber
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have a 2011 Puma 19 RL that we use regularly for normal camping, and I also use it as a hunting camp during deer season. We absolutley love it, and have had no problems whatsoever with it. We are going to upgrade to a larger unit this summer or fall, and will be buying another Puma. IMHO your MIL will not be disappointed.