cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Ford F250 Sync

Maintcpo
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone play with this and know what it does?
Dan, Ret Navy CPO
Minnie The Wife Extraordinaire
2015 Sundance 245RL
2012 GMC Sierra 2500 4X4 DSL
18 REPLIES 18

katoom400
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Maintcpo wrote:

Manual:
Sync

I just picked up my 2015 Superduty with the Sync radio. I've got an IPhone 6 and I'm still trying to figure it out...the phone part works perfectly, and I can stream Bluetooth audio from Pandora, and Spotify. I can use the forward and back steering wheel buttons to skip songs, but I can not get any of the other "mobile app" commands to work.

Sync does not recognize any "compatible mobile apps" on my device, even though it can skip to the next song and pause and play within them?

it is supposed to be able to read text messages as well, but I can't get that to work either...hands free texting would be awesome.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Maintcpo wrote:

Manual:
Sync

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
I can't remember if the 2012 was Sync ver 1 or ver 2, but both stank

The MicroSoft operating system has the worst consumer rating of any of the "car" systems; Apple, Goggle & Blackberry all rate better.
Probably in the 2016 model year Ford is switching to an operating system developed by the company behind Blackberry.
One hopes it will be better.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
When it actually works, you can pair your phone to it and ask it to "call home" for example and if you have "home" listed as a contact, it'll call it.

You can talk to your iPod if connected to the USB port to play a song, artist, album or playlist among other things.

It's supposed to be able to read your text messages to you, but I don't text, so no idea.

But, once the microphone decides to stop working randomly, it don't do nothing! ๐Ÿ˜‰

It used to work all the time, but the last 3 months it's been a complete fail.. I haven't taken it in to the dealer yet, so it's just a matter of me doing that, but with my luck it'll work when I take it in! ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, it's pretty cool when it works..

It's all in the manual too, so lots more info there.

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.