cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 or 2015 Jayco JayFlight 28BHBE

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Friend of mine is looking at this unit. Has the cosutomer package with has 15k AC, 50 amp service and other stuff like alum. wheels.

Who has one and how is the living ability? He likes the larger AC and 50 amp service.

Has the truck to handle it. Any input>
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
9 REPLIES 9

etg052
Explorer
Explorer
phishheadmi wrote:
Has anyone actually purchased a 28bhbe? I'm curious as to purchase price. I've spoken to a dealer who tells me $21K out the door is his rock bottom price. That's about 80% of the invoice pricing...seems like I've read on here most folks getting at least 30% off invoice. That extra 10% might just make the difference.

Been looking at this model here in South LA as well - best price I have seen was 21,800 - dealer also said "rock bottom price."
2012 Ford F-150 4x4 Ecoboost
2011 Coachmen Apex 26BHS

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Leaks are owner responsiblility. They can occur at any time, and you need to be ontop of the units after every storm. I had a new pup get screwed up due to a branch falling onto a seam and leaked like a sieve.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

family
Explorer
Explorer
Be aware, i have a 2012 jayco 26bh. only used e few times . It's leaking water in wardrobe closet and neither thomsons r.v. nor Jayco will stand behind it. Maybe you have a better dealer, talk to them about it.

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
We may go for the Jay flight 26BHS. Number one desire: Heavy duty frame, 4500lb axles, 3 step entry.

Our main challenge: SLOPED driveway.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

phishheadmi
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone actually purchased a 28bhbe? I'm curious as to purchase price. I've spoken to a dealer who tells me $21K out the door is his rock bottom price. That's about 80% of the invoice pricing...seems like I've read on here most folks getting at least 30% off invoice. That extra 10% might just make the difference.

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:
FWIW
We we're VERY close to buying that model but opted not too because of our two kids. We got the 32BHDS for little additional money and it has a second slide and a spot for a second TV as well.
We liked the larger shower, but one TV location was the deal breaker.

Could a signal splitter be used and just run the wire above the slideout? Take it down when bringing the slideout in?
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW
We we're VERY close to buying that model but opted not too because of our two kids. We got the 32BHDS for little additional money and it has a second slide and a spot for a second TV as well.
We liked the larger shower, but one TV location was the deal breaker.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

oughtsix
Explorer
Explorer
You can use a 50 amp to 30 amp plug adapter. Then if you draw more than 30 amps you will trip the 30 amp breaker on the receptacle at the camp ground. Should not be a problem.
2006 Duramax Crew Cab Long Bed pickup.
2007 Coachman Captiva 265EX trailer.

AirForceAngler
Explorer
Explorer
I think the 50 Amp service could limit areas where he could camp. Where we go, most sites are 30 Amp only. But that's mostly the State Parks here in Ill.
2013 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4 iForce 5.7
2014 Grey Wolf by Forest River 26BH TT