cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 GMC Sierra Navagation system

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just took delivery of a 2015 GMC Sierra with Navigation system. In the settings for Routing there is something called ECO profile routing. It has a roof load and a trailer load. Settings are none, small, medium and large. Then select ECO friendly route.
If I set this to large will it be like the Rhand McNally 7710 where it will keep you on routes that you don't have to worry about narrow roads, low bridges etc.

The tech guy at dealer did not know.

Does any one have experience with these.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013
4 REPLIES 4

raygreg
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the eco route is a route with less hills and elevation changes to get you better fuel mileage from your truck

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes the simple things in life are best. $15.00 Motor Carrier Road Atlas for truckers. Not saying technology isn't great, but you have to have a Philly lawyer to tell you how things work.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:
Hard to know for sure without reading some sort of documentation in it. Maybe there's a user guide available somewhere that explains it.

I have looked in all manuals. Watched many YouTube videos. Can't seem to locate anything.
I will try and have a live chat with GM today.
Thought I would see if anyone on forum has used this feature.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Hard to know for sure without reading some sort of documentation in it. Maybe there's a user guide available somewhere that explains it.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator