cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Forest River No Boundaries (NOBO) 19.7 Bunkhouse

daka320
Explorer
Explorer
Friends of ours are looking into purchasing one of these. They will be towing it with a 2008 Ford Expedition. It looks nice but I have a few concerns especially with a single axle and the size of the tt. Any input would be helpful. Also,some alternatives. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/hzkrzC0GvCo
2014 Eclipse Evolution T225
2010 Toyota Tundra Crewmax SR5 4 WD
4 REPLIES 4

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
If they like that floorplan, Take a look at the Kodiak 175 Cub by Dutchmen. You can get one of those for the same price and it is a much better trailer. First, it is 8 feet wide instead of seven so you get a 41 inch wide bunk in the back vs about 32 inch, 15 inch wheels, tortion suspension, over 1K carrying capacity, camera ready (if you needed). The door set up in the back can also allow you to put bikes back there or other stuff pretty big. That extra foot of width give you a lot more room as in a decent four person dinette vs the skinny two person. Nice windows. These seem to be a very nice set up. I actually have the Aspen Trail version for like 13K that is virtually the same for like 4 or 5K less. I flopped the axle for more height. The Kodiak is much nicer than mine but I didn't want to spend the extra five K and there were none close. Mobile Fleet? Any comments on the Dutchmen? Seriously, I'm interested in your opinion.

OH, of interest is that they changed the interior of these half way through 2018. The earlier version has a smaller regridgerator under the counter and a lot more storage and the smaller sink leaving a lot of counter space. The newer version has the big refrigerator taking out all the pantry space and a huge sink that eats up the whole counter. So, depending upon what you like and what is located within range, you could have two choices on the 175 Cubs. I prefer more space and less fridge.

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
just an opinion, so flame throwing fanboys don't get worked up: I've rehabbed over 200 trailers and flipped them, and FR is bottom of the barrel IMO. They build **** trailers whose "lite" designation usually means cheap construction including those absolute garbage laminated floors, which are just thin luan with a foam sandwich in between. I'd avoid them. Better choices out there

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
daka320 wrote:
[]Any input would be helpful. Also,some alternatives.

Another recent similar discussion.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™m not a fan of single axel TTs. Safer IMO to have two and my TT is only 22 feet. 979 pounds cargo capacity is really low for a family. 240+ pounds of that will be taken by water weight. No sink in bath area? Where do you wash your hands? Where will DW do her hair and makeup? Where will hubby shave? Kitchen sink? Iโ€™d pass on this Warren and Charlie special.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad