cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Lance 1062 Price

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
What do you guys think of this price for a 2019 Lance 1062? It has a generator, Ultra bumper, rear electric awning, all weather package. I'm not sure if some of this is stock or options.

$42995
(MSRP$64389)
Thanks,
Rick
2019 Ram 3500 CC/8' bed/DRW/4WD/factory air leveling
CTD HO/Aisin/4:10/max tow package
58 REPLIES 58

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Lance is not having the best reviews after ownership change, but that brings real concern.
If the plastic cracks under the screw, what is going to happen when heavy person will step on it?

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
but your picture looks like cheap plastic.

That's exactly what it is.

Rick

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
dwrat wrote:
I always use a product called Amazing Goop.
It truly is amazing.

Don't forget you will also need a Lance plug in the front portion of your driver's side bed.
Yes, the Lance plug is different than the standard 7-way plug..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtJtt6a0XXI

Thanks!

dwrat
Explorer
Explorer
I always use a product called Amazing Goop.
It truly is amazing.

Don't forget you will also need a Lance plug in the front portion of your driver's side bed.
Yes, the Lance plug is different than the standard 7-way plug..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtJtt6a0XXI

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
My stall is fiberglass and regardless closing on 20 years, feels pretty strong (and I had to yank it to get it out) but your picture looks like cheap plastic.
Also this stall ends couple inches below ceiling, what might be easier to build/replace, but will bring additional maintenance headaches.

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
dwrat wrote:
I personally would use the cracks as a negotiating factor.
Buy it with the defects and then repair the cracks myself, not replace the surround.
A repair would be easy, replace would be near impossible to get right.

I did think to get a couple of pics, Those surrounds are really thin. What material would be used to fix it so it holds up?

Thanks,
Rick

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
dwrat wrote:
BTW, if you really like the 1062 and are willing to travel why not find a used one and save money?

Here's one for you.

https://austin.craigslist.org/rvs/d/georgetown-2020-lance-1062-truck-camper/7074009651.html

Thanks, it looks nice and would work. I'll have to get my truck ready to roll (Torklifts, Fastguns, bed mat) and then I can start thinking about a road trip. On to the Etrailer site.

Rick

dwrat
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, if you really like the 1062 and are willing to travel why not find a used one and save money?

Here's one for you.

https://austin.craigslist.org/rvs/d/georgetown-2020-lance-1062-truck-camper/7074009651.html

dwrat
Explorer
Explorer
I personally would use the cracks as a negotiating factor.
Buy it with the defects and then repair the cracks myself, not replace the surround.
A repair would be easy, replace would be near impossible to get right.

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Riley01 wrote:
I'm not even sure I would want it after I saw the shower cracks. I'm wondering how much damage will be done pulling the old one out and putting in the new one. ..

I am parting out Lance 1161 to use its parts in Sprinter conversion.
TC is build as huge puzzle and makes quite a challenge to do reverse engineering.
So to remove the shower on my Lance I had to pull outer skin and roofing around the corner where shower is to gain access to screws, who hold the bathroom walls.
Than cut off the drainage plumbing, remove the toilet, tear down all the shower stall support and then I could pull the stall out.
Right now front of my camper is cut off, so I can pull the stall this direction, but there is no way you can fit stall via camper door. Meaning pulling whole roof is probably the easiest way.
Just to give you some ideas how it works.

WOW! Thanks for the info, I think I'll definitely pass on this one. It looks to me like there is a seam where the surround meets the shower pan so I'm thinking the pan would stay. Even if they could somehow get the surround out it wouldn't happen without something else getting damaged.

Thanks,
Rick

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Riley01 wrote:
I'm not even sure I would want it after I saw the shower cracks. I'm wondering how much damage will be done pulling the old one out and putting in the new one. ..

I am parting out Lance 1161 to use its parts in Sprinter conversion.
TC is build as huge puzzle and makes quite a challenge to do reverse engineering.
So to remove the shower on my Lance I had to pull outer skin and roofing around the corner where shower is to gain access to screws, who hold the bathroom walls.
Than cut off the drainage plumbing, remove the toilet, tear down all the shower stall support and then I could pull the stall out.
Right now front of my camper is cut off, so I can pull the stall this direction, but there is no way you can fit stall via camper door. Meaning pulling whole roof is probably the easiest way.
Just to give you some ideas how it works.

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
Riley, looks like you are looking at the Lance at the CW at the 76th street and Division location on the south side of Grand Rapids MI just off US-131. CW bought out American RV which was the former business name and CW had a store there. American RV had stocked and sold Lance TC's for many years before being sold to CW. Later, also sold Arctic Fox TC's just a couple years before they were sold to CW. Also used to sell a couple other brands of TC's a few yews ago too. I know the business quite well and have been there many times and purchased many thousands of $$$ of stuff there as we live in the Grand Haven area. We have been happy with CW locations and have been Presidents Club members since 1993 or 4.

They had nearly stopped selling Arctic Fox TC's several years ago as they didn't sell well at all and they also had many quality and warranty claims and issues with the Arctic Fox TC's they had sold.

Haven't talked to the CW owners for a few years now so possibly some things had or have changed. I do know they had a turnover of many of their salespersons so I likely wouldn't know who you are working with as it's none of my business anyway. The salesperson very likely won't tell you or doesn't know all the details of the past years happenings. All he wants to do is sell you an RV! The $60,000 price sheet they showed you is a mystery and sounds very fishy and certainly inflated. Anything can be printed by just about anyone!!! BTW, we have owned 3 new Lance TC's ourselves and still have one today and won't sell it...

I did know about the CW buyout. From what I've been seeing I think the $60049 is valid as it appears to have most if not all of the offered options. Right now I think we're just too far apart on price. I'm not even sure I would want it after I saw the shower cracks. I'm wondering how much damage will be done pulling the old one out and putting in the new one.

I'm going to buy something somewhere so I'm going to order the Torklift tie downs,Fast Guns and a bed mat and then take a little road trip. Maybe I'll come back with something. I'm recently retired and a little antsy.

Thanks,
Rick

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Riley, looks like you are looking at the Lance at the CW at the 76th street and Division location on the south side of Grand Rapids MI just off US-131. CW bought out American RV which was the former business name and CW had a store there. American RV had stocked and sold Lance TC's for many years before being sold to CW. Later, also sold Arctic Fox TC's just a couple years before they were sold to CW. Also used to sell a couple other brands of TC's a few yews ago too. I know the business quite well and have been there many times and purchased many thousands of $$$ of stuff there as we live in the Grand Haven area. We have been happy with CW locations and have been Presidents Club members since 1993 or 4.

They had nearly stopped selling Arctic Fox TC's several years ago as they didn't sell well at all and they also had many quality and warranty claims and issues with the Arctic Fox TC's they had sold.

Haven't talked to the CW owners for a few years now so possibly some things had or have changed. I do know they had a turnover of many of their salespersons so I likely wouldn't know who you are working with as it's none of my business anyway. The salesperson very likely won't tell you or doesn't know all the details of the past years happenings. All he wants to do is sell you an RV! The $60,000 price sheet they showed you is a mystery and sounds very fishy and certainly inflated. Anything can be printed by just about anyone!!! BTW, we have owned 3 new Lance TC's ourselves and still have one today and won't sell it...
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
I’m quite surprised as well. I always check out RV dealer lots for TC’s as we’re traveling around, and I’ve never seen a single one at a Camping World. Glad to hear they have them though. The local CW doesn’t carry them.

Most of the 20 years I’ve lived in Arkansas there have been no TC dealers in the state. I know of one in the state now and it’s 3 hours away.

Good luck with your purchase. :B

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

Bedlam
Interesting with truck camper sales. There is not one CW in OR, WA, ID that sells new ones (which is why I asked).

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD