cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

24v to 12v

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
hey all. anybody know of an easy way to get a 24v battery to feed a 12v system? seems like there are converters online but I don't see any locally.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
23 REPLIES 23

Nvr2loud
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
I was given a deep cycle to try out on the camper. Do not know the size but I know its from a boat (many trolling motors are 24v) so im not sure. ive never heard of a dcdc converter so im not sure what the deal is.

Every trolling motor that I have ever owned has run on a 12 VDC battery, preferably deep cycle.

Connect a meter reading DC voltage on the battery terminals and that will determine the voltage.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Got a picture?

What is the info on the label?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Jebby14 wrote:
I was given a deep cycle to try out on the camper. Do not know the size but I know its from a boat (many trolling motors are 24v) so im not sure. ive never heard of a dcdc converter so im not sure what the deal is.

A DC to DC converter simply converts one voltage level to another voltage level, in this case you need to convert 24 vdc to 12 vdc. Probably not worth the purchase just to try out a battery.

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
I've never heard of a 24V marine battery, but I guess it's possible. The guys that I know that run 24V trolling motors have two 12v batteries in series.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
You can also get a 24v inverter, if you want one.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jebby14 wrote:
.. a deep cycle to try out on the camper. Do not know the size
Generally it's 2v for each fill cap.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
24v battery will require a dc to dc converter.

A 24v bank of batteries you can attach the wires correctly to get 12v. This is commonly done on golf cars.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try victronenergy.com, look up DC-DC converters.

"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman