cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.0 cu ft refrigerator?

Vic99
Explorer
Explorer
My older Jayco 1207 has a Dometic 2310 refrigerator which is 3.0 cu ft and has a freezer compartment at the top. It is about 29" - 30" tall. I am now looking to buy a newer used pup but all the refrigerators are smaller and have no freezer. I guess this is because they all have the flip up galley. Anyone know of units that have a larger refrigerator?
6 REPLIES 6

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
When we moved to the highwall, I was mildly interested in the freezer section of our larger refrigerator. I have used it a couple of times only to store Freezer Pops for kids. That's pretty much it. I'm not sure what is available as a larger refrigerator without a freezer section but if you can find one without, go for it.

I would rather have the interior space for refrigerables instead of freezer space. Still, the refrigerator section is larger than the standard PUP fridge so that was definitely noticed and appreciated.
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

Ryanincc
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting! Sacrifice a bed size or two, and you Can put a bigger fridge in. Thanks for clarifying that. Im pretty sure Id rather have the bigger bed. I really wouldn't use the freezer, and you can always get a second cooler. You can't really change the bed size. You have me very curious now. May I ask why the necessity for an extra cubic foot of fridge space and a tiny freezer?
2011 Coleman Sun Valley, 1997 4Runner V6

Vic99
Explorer
Explorer
The pup is in my driveway and it is indeed a 1996 Jayco 1207 Designer Series with a Dometic RM2310. In this unit the front bunk is the smaller of the two bunks and butts up against the refer when in the closed position. A 12' or 14' foot box pup does have enough room to fit a 30 inch high refer. I do not understand why apparently none are equipped this way.

Ryanincc
Explorer
Explorer
Ive only seen the High Walls with the larger fridges. Actually, Id think you were mistaken about the 1207 having a larger fridge if you hadn't known the model number. Or possibly the model of the pup isn't accurate. I could easily be wrong but there just isn't enough height available for a 3 cu ft on a non-high wall in my experience.
2011 Coleman Sun Valley, 1997 4Runner V6

Vic99
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the helpful suggestion but all high wall are really too heavy for my Town & Country minivan rated at 3500# towing capacity.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at high wall models. Forest River states they have an "extra large refrigerator" option for those.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized