cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

$300 for 1977 17ft. prowler?

kdlisa1469
Explorer
Explorer
I have a chance to purchase this rv and just wanted some feedback.
I've seen it and checked it out...gonna have a little bit of work to do, but overall, it's solid...title clear,...
Let me know your thoughts...thanks
18 REPLIES 18

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's hard to say without seeing it but there are buys like that out there. I have a $500 dollar special in my driveway that I haven't spent a dime on other than a few coats of Snow Roof in 5 years and we camp in it mostly during hunting season.

I have another one made by Kit that is going to be a flat bed wood /cargo trailer when my son is done with it and they go for an easy $1500 around here.

For $300 bucks, I'd buy it if it was in any kind of decent shape and towable.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

oughtsix
Explorer
Explorer
kdlisa1469 wrote:
gonna have a little bit of work to do, but overall, it's solid...title clear,...

No such thing as a little bit of work when it comes to a $300 trailer. It was likely bought to be fixed up, never gotten to, now it is time to pass it on.

If you enjoy spending your spare time camping it is probably not a good buy. If you enjoy spending your spare time working on trailers it is probably a great buy!
2006 Duramax Crew Cab Long Bed pickup.
2007 Coachman Captiva 265EX trailer.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
I sold my parents 78 Prowler for $500 as a hunters special. It really was a piece and it sold in a day.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Timtation
Explorer
Explorer
No water intrusion, no frame rusting, tanks okay, anything work? Propane tanks and regulator updated? If it is tight and you can live with the inevitable costs of updating systems you can't buy much for that money. Otoh there is no stopping cash flow if you get started on something major that seemed to be a minor item when shopping.
Having said that, at $300 if it comes with load hitch and sway bar you are now down to a $200 trailer and you can stay out of the rain better than using sleeping bags in an SUV. If the frig is toast toss it and add whatever dorm frig fits and use an inverter to power it, probably won't need more than 200 watts so two batteries will keep it going along with lights for a day or two, just don't use the furnace or the fan will eat the batteries fast.
Worst case you have to pay $100 to get it dumped after playing with it and finding what you really want from a camper. Are you asking for permission or competition? Go get it!