cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.6 Ram

Gary_Morency
Explorer
Explorer
I been trying to find info on a 6.4 Hemi DRW 8 speed tranny there are lots of SRW trucks out there but not any DRW.
39 REPLIES 39

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
FWIW; When I was truck shopping this spring i drove the 6.4 with 8 speed tranny 1 ton. Sweet ride and more than enough juice to haul a TC.

I went back to gas after 14 years of diesel. DEF/DPR/re-gens...i am all set with diesel.

Go drive one. It’ll put a smile on your face.
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Gary Morency wrote:
I been trying to find info on a 6.4 Hemi DRW 8 speed tranny there are lots of SRW trucks out there but not any DRW.

What does the thread title of "6.6 RAM" mean?
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
Gary, stick with the diesel. its only what 2 years old? leave it stock and those emissions are under warranty for a long time.
then when your done with it some kid will pay top dollar. you already paid the fee to move into the diesel world when your bought your first diesel.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
So, the new 6.4s with 8 speed are very nice and taking nothing away from them, but you’d be trading down, considerably.
You spend too much time reading about the problems. Just use the diesel and odds are you won’t have issues or major issues for a long time.
However if the reading is getting the best of ya or keeping you up at night, call motorops.ca, get a tuner and exhaust and delete that sucker and sleep well!
For a couple grand you can make all that stuff disappear off the truck and probably recoup most of your money selling it to someone who does have problems.

JMO

On the upside, if you got a decent deal on the 2018, you’d make out very well selling it currently, but don’t expect any big favors on the price of a new rig.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Gary_Morency
Explorer
Explorer
Your the first person I,ve heard from with a DRW I was wondering what kind of mpg you get hauling the camper. I have a 18 3500 Ram with a Cummins and only thinking of trading because of these emission problems I read about Thanks for any info.Also how does it pull on long New Mexico grades.

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Had to order mine, 3500 Big Horn , 6.4 , 4:10’s , DRW crew cab took about 8 weeks but got just what I wanted with the max payload to carry my truck camper however it may take longer to order something now with the pandemic.
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Based on another forum, I’ll complete his question.
You’ll never guess it on your own.....
Are they made in Michigan or Mexico?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
just did a search on the RAM website and found SIX gas DRW's within 100 miles of me.

I'm impressed because there isn't a single one within 250 miles as far as I can tell.

To the OP, what type of info are you wanting?
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
You mean you are trying to find one for sale?

Your best bet is to find a RAM dealer you can work with, and have them do a search of the inventory.

Since most that want a DRW also want the Cummins, your gasser may be a unicorn, especially right now as HD trucks are in short supply.

If that's not it, you need to explain yourself better.

I just did a search on the RAM website and found SIX gas DRW's within 100 miles of me.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of info ??
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides