cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 year old tires

rvshrinker
Explorer III
Explorer III

My 2018 trailer (purchased summer of 2017) has Goodyear Endurance tires. The 2 rear tires are worn and should be replaced. The front tires are in better shape. But they’re all 7 years old. Would you replace all 4? 

I’m ok with spending the money now and prefer not to take chances. That said I don’t want to just throw money away.

These tires are in very short supply so I’m not even sure I can get 2, much less 4. The cost is $1200 installed, with tax, for four tires.

7 REPLIES 7

rvshrinker
Explorer III
Explorer III

I’m sure there are somewhat cheaper tires but I’m not going to cheap out on these. I’ve been happy with them. They are the factory tires and the whole trailer has been well built with minimal problems so I’ll stay with OEM.

I haven’t seen any cheaper prices on these. We don’t have lots of Goodyear installers around here. Price is the same at Discount Tire or Goodyear online. 

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

at 7 years you are at that point to look at replacing them.  the best I have ever got is 10 years before a blow out, but most of the time its between 5 to 8 years for me.  there are options other than good year endurance, personaly I wouldnt spend the money on them.  several are going with somthing like a sailun S637-st tire, and running it at 80 psi, unless your rims will handel more.  myself, I just went with a good no name tire this time and in 5 years I am chaning to the sailun as I didn't have the time to wait for them to come in as no one stocks them up here.  So I went with a chinese I guess, but I went with a higher ply rating than the ones that came with the rv, so that gives a stronger tire.  in my case I went from a 10 ply to a 12 ply.  so it is a stronger tire than can handel more weight. 

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Ourlifeahighway
Explorer II
Explorer II

Maybe not as much experience as others but we are heading out on a 15 month journey and our original tires were on our two year old trailer - granted they were the China bomb type tire, but we replaced them this fall before our journey begins. Within the first two months of our journey we are going to hit several dirt roads, towing our trailer, including the Top of the World in Alaska. We ended up purchasing Carlise Trail HD's - an 8 ply tire I believe. We bought 5 and paid under $1000 Canadian. So far so good, and the peace of mind is priceless.  

$1200.00 installed for Endurance?  If I were you, I would continue to look around..

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

wwvaughanjr
Explorer
Explorer

according to the tire experts, they should be replaced every 5 years unless noted by the manufacturer to be replaced after seven years.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III

It's time to replace them.  

What size tires?  I checked ours when getting truck tires this spring and it was going to be around $800. Plus the shortages are generally gone, so try shopping around. 

If there is a significant difference in wear, I would look into why. First thought is are the axel weights equal. If you are bow high, is it putting extra weight on the rear axle wearing those tires out more quickly. 

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad

Yes, replace all 4. Their reliable useful life is used up and you are now on borrowed time.