cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A testament to the robustness of the Ford V10 platform

Shogun
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I'll admit some fault to this and will be more diligent in the future but the truck has been in the shop for a checkup, safety, and new U joints on 2 different occasions so I will only take 95% of the blame.

The 2008 F350 V10 has been my daily driver for the last few months while waiting for my new F150 and after selling my 4Runner.

When towing I get the same mileage as anyone else! Not so much in stop and go traffic. 10 cylinders get thirsty...

My gas mileage has been the same as ever but there just seemed to be a little lack of power off the line and when accelerating when towing...

So in preparation for an upcoming big towing trip I was checking a bunch of stuff out and noticed some furry rodent (aka the squirrel my daughter loves to watch out the front window) decided to make a nice little home in my engine compartment. I vacuumed out all the pine cones I could find then thought, hmmm, maybe I should check the air filter before the trip.

Whoa!!!The air intake before the filter was PACKED with pine cones, fluff and other nice little things that are soft and fluffy for a nice nest!!!!

Little bugger!

I removed the filter and there was easily a pound of seeds stuck in the pleats of the filter.... It's a holiday here so no luck getting a new filter. I'll go tomorrow and pick up a new one for the trip. The MAF and intake after the filter looks pristine and clean as a whistle.

Glad I caught this before we went away. On a good note we found a dead squirrel under the tree in our front yard. Looks like a cat got it. Hope he suffered!! The squirrel, not the cat...
Spree 318bhs. Blue Ox Sway Pro WD hitch.
Primary tow vehicle 2015 F150 super crew, 5.0 V8.
16 REPLIES 16

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I never hunted squirrel till I found this.

Just kidding about hunting, I learned to keep the barn door shut.
Poor thing must have sh*t when I started it cause it got caught in something and was laying dead right where my curb side front tire sits. Thats when I opened the hood for a look see.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Farmerjon
Explorer
Explorer
We have had spark plug wires eaten, wiring harness eaten and the inlet to different air cleaners plugged with nests.
The air cleaner problem I have fixed in 2 different vehicles by putting some metal mesh in front of air inlet.
Once I opened a hood up and found a rabbit on top of the motor.
In one of our older trucks we had a mouse die in the vent system, If you turned on the fan for heat or air you couldn't stand the stink.I took the whole vent system apart to find him.
2015 F350 Lariat CC LB 4x4 DRW 6.7, 6sp auto, 3.73
2000 F350 lariat SC LB 4x4 DRW 7.3, 6sp manual 3.73
1987 F250 Lariat SC/LB 4x4 SRW 460 4sp stick 4.10
1995 Jeep wrangler
99 Star Craft 953