cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

adding an outdoor shower

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to add an outdoor shower to my TT, it did not come with one. Anyone who has done it, is it terribly difficult, what were some hiccups on the install? I think it'd be pretty close to my water pump and hot water heater. Is it pretty much just cut the right size hole, add some tees to the existing water line and that's about it?
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
2016 Coachman Clipper 17BH
19 REPLIES 19

samsontdog wrote:
The last 5 or 6 TT came with outside shower and we never used. I would be very careful about cutting a hole in your TT

^^ X2 ! ! I now just set up a "Y" connector when hooking to the water, and run a separate hose with handle on the end. The only thing we ever use it for is to rinse stuff off, sand, dirt, ect.. No need for a shower . .
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
The last 5 or 6 TT came with outside shower and we never used. I would be very careful about cutting a hole in your TT
samsontdog:o:W

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
You need a place where the hose can be pushed back in so a basement area is good. Cut the inside first to carefully to look for wire etc.

eichacsj
Explorer
Explorer
Be very careful when you cut the hole, probably the most critical step. Wires can be anywhere in the walls, just because there is not a switch or plug in socket in the area does not mean there is not any wires.

Plumbing it will be your hardest part due to a very small work space.

How do you use your TT? putting an outside shower could give you a freezing spot and break lines, so insulate and build in a drain point.

My TT came with one, I never used it and bypassed it.
2014 Arctic Fox 30U
2001 Silverado 2500 HD, 4WD
8.1 Vortec / 4.10 gears / ATS Stage 2 Allison Transmission with Co-Pilot
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Reece Class 5 Hitch with 1700lb bars

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It's easy if you can put it on the other side of the wall from a sink with both hot and cold water.
Do you have a spot like that?