Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise Between Brands

horton333
Explorer
Explorer
Hi:

Not sure the budget allows a new trailer and actually using it, but my current one does need enough repairs and enough ergonomic tradeoffs that no longer make sense with my current usage that I have been considering a new trailer.

I have it more or less boiled down to 2 very similar models.

Tracer 238 AIR
Kodiak 220RBSL

I'd appreciate comments from people who actually own one (unfortunately they are new so I know that is hard) or have models from the same manufacturers and so can comment in general as to quality and reliability?

Any and all comments gratefully accepted, or if maybe I missed something with the same feature set I'll look at suggestions (dual slides with <=26',enclosed bottom, are must haves).

John
PS I recently saw some comments about the wider axle spacing scrubbing on tight turns. I think this would be at most a minor issue, and that seemed to be other people's comments too. Agree/disagree?

Ford Explorer or Chrysler 300C to tow with.
Tracer Air 238 to be towed.
Triumph Thunderbird Sport - with the toy-hauler gone it's at home.
Retired very early and loving it.
2 REPLIES 2

horton333
Explorer
Explorer
I got the Tracer, better construction and several small points in favour and I found a place desperate to sell their show demo so ..... Picking up next weekend.

Ford Explorer or Chrysler 300C to tow with.
Tracer Air 238 to be towed.
Triumph Thunderbird Sport - with the toy-hauler gone it's at home.
Retired very early and loving it.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
for floor plans the tracer is better. the other has a make shift bed. neither one shows the material used in the roof. if one is rubber, get the other one.
bumpy