cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

aerolite

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
how many of you have an aerolite trailer lookin to get one with outside kitchen just looking for real life experence from some owners thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Briand
Explorer
Explorer
What problems should one look for?
'97 F-350, CC, PSD
'02 NL, Ten2000 RD

UncleDonald
Explorer
Explorer
Litterly hated the one we had. Traded it off after one year. Nothing but trouble.

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
thanks thats what i was asking for this is a great site happy trails

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
musicman54,

I had an Aerolite (model 24RB) rear bath model. It was my first TT and I found it to be a very good TT. I bought it in 2010 and camped in it many times. I took it on a 6 week trip from North Carolina to Bryce, Zion and the Grand Canyon. I had no trouble with the unit whatsoever. I traded it because after the 6 week trip I the wife and I decided that we needed a bigger unit. I traded to a 2013 Koala 26SS. The Aerolite held its value well as I got all but $500 of my original cost on the trade.

I thought you should get an opinion from someone who actually owned an Aerolite.

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
thanks caboose you told me what i wanted to know it is acutaly for my sister when she retires just getting some ideas for her happy trails to you

Caboose66
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Music man.
I don't own an Aerolite but I considered one of their models when we were shopping this past spring and summer. The one I looked at was the 282 with the triple-double corner bunks. I'm sure this isn't the model you are considering because it doesn't have the outdoor kitchen, but they are all probably pretty similar with regard to materials used and quality of construction.
In general, I thought the aerolites I looked at were okay, but I ended up liking a few other manufacturers better. Fit and finish on the units I looked at was not as good as I had hoped. I knew better than to expect Arctic Fox or Lance quality but I did have some basic expectations and I was let down a little by the Aerolites I looked at... could be for a number of reasons, but that was my impression. There were a four of other things that turned me away as well. The tall cabinet doors seemed quite flimsy and wouldnt close properly because there was too much flex. I think this was due to the decorative glass inserts. I also did not care for the drapes instead of hard sliding doors for closing off the master bedroom... but that may be particular to the layout I was looking at.
I ended up looking more closely at the jayco white hawk, the bullet premier and the Cruiser Viewfinder Signature. For a number of reasons, I ended up with the Viewfinder and am happy so far, albeit with very limited actual camping under my belt at this point.
Only you can be the judge when you walk through the models you are considering. The Aerolite might be just what you are looking for and you might find the quality just fine... I know there can be some variability in that. Just wanted you to give some things to consider based on my experience.
Good luck and have fun in your search.
Dean