cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airbag Inflation Systems

TWZMYJP
Explorer
Explorer
I've had several trucks with suspension airbags over the years, and my last two setups used the wireless systems which were a nice "upgrade" in terms of the installation. For this truck I'm considering an automatic leveling setup, such as the Airlift Smart Air system, for what could be the ultimate in a lazy man's dream setup... Anyone have an aftermarket auto-leveling setup and mind sharing their thoughts on it after putting it in service? My primary concern is whether or not the system and I would agree on what pressure the bags should settle at, trying to balance ride height and ride quality. My understanding is the system will add/subtract air to keep the rear of the truck in the target zone for height, and I'm a little leery of having it try to stuff 40psi in the bags when maybe 20 would suffice and give a much better ride? Am I overthinking it? Appreciate any input.
'18 Jayco Alante 31R
6 REPLIES 6

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
General Motors used systems that kept the ride height the same, they make expensive kits to throw the junk out. The stupid things have something going on most of the time, very annoying.

Can't imagine not having control of the air pressure, Airlift does a great job with their systems ,especially the remote control 72000, with minimal installation. Electrical harness to a power source ,and the air lines ran to the airbags. I chose to also tee off on the air lines ,and install two manual valves coming out of the license plate holes to manually inflate or deflate IF something went wrong with the compressor.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Its hard to beat the AirLift 72000 system. Have had others , but this is fully automatic as far as maintaining a certain air pressure, and be programmed if needed. Touch of the button to change air pressure on the fly if need or wanted. I can't imagine any system working better.

There are no electrical ,nor air lines to run inside the cab, very easy installation. IMO ,yes you are over thinking it, I have always wanted complete control of the air pressure, and not settling for automatic so to speak . The 72000 gives you that , yet automatically maintains what air pressure you set to start . I am sure on previous setups you usually ran the same air pressure most of the time, I know I do. But there has been occasions where I did change the pressure on the fly , not often ,but it did occur.

I take the remote , push the button to set whatever air pressure I want, and usually done at that point .

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
General Motors used systems that kept the ride height the same, they make expensive kits to throw the junk out. The stupid things have something going on most of the time, very annoying.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Crespro wrote:
I am interested in this topic. Plan to put the wireless Airlift bags and compressor in a new F250. I think we will be using 10 PSI unloaded and about 50 PSI loaded. I will know more when the truck comes in.

10psi unloaded? Are you also going to keep 80psi in the back tires just sp your kidneys and fillings don't get spoiled by a smooth ride?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ROFL. You want automatic, but you're worried you won't agree with what it "thinks"?
Lol
They're ride height based. Adjust to your preferred ride height and then it will think the same as you! Just gotta be smarter than what your messing with!
Or for the "ultimate lazy mans dream" or whatever you said, just go buy a Ram with air.
Only takes a credit card and a pen to install....the ultimate lazy mans dream right there!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Crespro
Explorer
Explorer
I am interested in this topic. Plan to put the wireless Airlift bags and compressor in a new F250. I think we will be using 10 PSI unloaded and about 50 PSI loaded. I will know more when the truck comes in.
Crespro 2021 Grand Design 310GK-R, 2020 F250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K