cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alaska to Oregon: first trip with our new rig!

Arktikos
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoying our new (to us) 8' Adventurer! Left Alaska 12 days ago and are now in the Portland Oregon area. The first 3 nights were spent in the lower Yukon and upper British Columbia driving down part of the Alcan and South down the Cassiar Hwy. We were in the single digits F with spectacular northern lights displays for the first 2 nights. After that we had to push the next few days as there were no open parks and very limited places to pull off the road. After coming back into the US we spent the next few nights in N.W.Washington at state and county parks, very nice! After a trip into downtown Seattle for a Dr appointment we headed south to visit relatives in the Portland area. This coming Monday we will start our return to Alaska, this time traveling through the Gorge and up through the Okanogan, and then to the Alaska hwy starting at Dawson Creek.

Our little camper has worked out well but space is tight for my wife and I and our Australian Shepherd. The fridge, furnace, all systems work perfectly. We decided to pick up some RV specific items which we found in a Camping World where we became Good Sam members! The first 3 nights of the trip we left our Honda generator run all night as the RV batt was weak. Now with a new battery I suspect we could get by without the generator except for the all important coffee pot!
Here is a picture of our new rig. It's a 2006 Chevrolet 2500HD with a 6.0 Vortec and handles the little Adventurer camper with ease.

18 REPLIES 18

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rawk on!
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice rig, looks like the truck and camper were made for each other.

I cannot believe "you" have come from Alaska to the lower 48 and will soon be back in Alaska and due to snow in this part of Canada I haven't got off the couch yet.

Paul

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. Looks like like you and your wife are having a great time.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your Adventurer. Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy your travels.