cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anderson Levelers

sbstryker
Explorer
Explorer
We finally got to use our pop-up for the first time this weekend! Wow, what a difference from tent camping. More on that later in another thread though 🙂

I had originally bought these levelers: Tri-Lynx leveling blocks

I had never used them and everyone here said "forget those and buy this instead!": Andersen leveler

So trusting all of your years of experience I bought the Andersen leveler and used that instead.

Oh my gosh, using the Andersen leveler was SO EASY! What an awesome product.

So a big thank you to everyone here for your suggestion. Using that leveler was so easy. You saved me from dealing with stacking blocks.
11 REPLIES 11

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Hondavalk wrote:
This month's Trailer Life showed Blaylocks new all aluminum version of what looks like the Andersons product. Looks like they took their lift jack and added a second small wedge. Believe they claimed 6" of lift.

Interesting, I might consider the aluminum ones over the plastic ones.

Blaylock EZ Jack 100
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually it's Andersen.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
jackquontee wrote:
Has anyone tried to use them when camping alone, or do they require the assistance of a "spotter?"

No, I do all the time as my family are busy doing other things. I place my Andersen's and then position my mirror to see it, also I have a big bubble level on the front of my TT that I can see from inside my TV. You don't need to move that much to make the TT level unless the ground is so unlevel then like with all level systems you have to find that sweet spot to place the TT.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone tried to use them when camping alone, or do they require the assistance of a "spotter?"

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I recommend Andersons everytime someone asks. I hate that I camped in my pup so long without them. Lots of time wasted.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Yep Anderson for me and I love them, so easy to use.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
More expensive, but this is what we used - really great!
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/bal-light-trailer-tire-leveler/21017

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
This month's Trailer Life showed Blaylocks new all aluminum version of what looks like the Andersons product. Looks like they took their lift jack and added a second small wedge. Believe they claimed 6" of lift.

sbstryker
Explorer
Explorer
I hope mine never breaks but if it does I'll replace it with another Andersen leveler. I was surprised at how hefty it was. It could double as personal protection haha

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
tonymull wrote:
Andersen said sometimes they don't cure properly and shipped a new one right away.
I've had to replace several but they never offered any reason. Mine broke at the 'belly button'.

I doubt a FT would break one.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

tonymull
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent product and easy to use. I have two. One of mine broke on the second use. Andersen said sometimes they don't cure properly and shipped a new one right away. Great product and company.