cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anderson weeight distribution hitch

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer

The wife and I are downsizing to a travel trailer from a Fifth wheel.

What are the thoughts on the Anderson weight distribution hitch.   We like the anderson ultimate hitch for the fifth wheel, so I am thinking the wd hitch will also be good.

4 REPLIES 4

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

My thoughts are what trailer and what truck?  Are you sure you need a wdh since you were vague about that part of the equation. (And if you have a suitable truck for a 5ver then you most likely have no use for a wdh with just about any TT.)

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II

Reese, Andersen, BW, Curt, etc. - Brand really doesn’t matter; more important is that they are set up and used properly, are sized correctly for the trailer weight, and you are comfortable with its setup, function and use. 

^^^This and make sure you have at least 12-15% tongue weight. Most towing problems are related to a light tongue weight and a WDH with sway control won't tame a 6% tongue weight when it's starts swinging.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

JDsdogs
Nomad II
Nomad II

Don't have experience with Anderson, But a distribution hitch is a good Idea.  I have experience with an older Equalizer Hitch and a newer Blue Ox.  Both work(ed) as advertised. I believe most of the weight distribution hitch's, from reputable companies are pretty good. Check on line reviews of the company and products.   Just make sure that the one you get is rated for you trailers weight.

Safe travels