Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another Tesla competitor in question

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now it is Lordstown Motors.

Among other allegations is this one:
"Burns confirmed LMC paid consultants to generate preorders, understood to be nonbinding as a way to assess market demand. He denied misrepresenting those as firm orders, though he told Yahoo Finance in January that LMC had "presold 100,000 electric pickup trucks." Burns described the reservations as "very serious orders" when pressed by CNBC's Jim Cramer."

Hindenburg vs Lordstown Motors

Startups are difficult.
14 REPLIES 14

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
Ability to tell a pile of snow or concrete, uses camera, but will let inattentive drivers smash into the back of emergency vehicles with lights on.

Might need some more help.
Driver needs help, not Tesla.
THERE IS NO FULLY AUTOMATED DRIVING

And does this make you wish Lordstown Motors soon produces a vehicle to prove Hindenburg incorrect?

The driver admitted so!

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
Ability to tell a pile of snow or concrete, uses camera, but will let inattentive drivers smash into the back of emergency vehicles with lights on.

Driver needs help, not Tesla.
THERE IS NO FULLY AUTOMATED DRIVING

And does this make you wish Lordstown Motors soon produces a vehicle to prove Hindenburg incorrect?

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:

Tesla uses ultrasonic sensors and radar.

My son, a techie in avionics, said it's so sophisticated that it can recognize if a block of white ahead is a pile of snow or concrete barrier.

The latest is Tesla's FSD beta -- still being under road (real life conditions) tests,

It also uses a bunch of cameras.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
Groover wrote:
though he told Yahoo Finance in January

Yahoo News? ROFLMAO.......

:h:@:)

Whose your news source then???

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:
though he told Yahoo Finance in January

Yahoo News? ROFLMAO.......

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
yep - great job - blame the driver
Self driving Tesla crashes into MSP

EATON COUNTY, MI โ€“ A Tesla on autopilot hit a Michigan State Police car early Wednesday morning, officials confirmed.

The MSP car was parked with its emergency lights on while investigating a car-deer crash at 1:12 a.m., March 17 on I-96 near Waverly Road in Eaton County, when the Tesla hit it, police said.

The Tesla was on autopilot and failed to move over, hitting the patrol car, police said.

As per your story.

โ€œ The Tesla was on autopilot and failed to move over, hitting the patrol car, police said.

The autopilot function means the car can โ€œsteer, accelerate and brake automatically within its lane,โ€ per Teslaโ€™s website. It does not make the vehicle autonomous and requires supervision, per the website.โ€.

It is a level 2 system which the driver acknowledges every time he uses it so yep. 100 percent driver error.

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
yep - great job - blame the driver
Self driving Tesla crashes into MSP

EATON COUNTY, MI โ€“ A Tesla on autopilot hit a Michigan State Police car early Wednesday morning, officials confirmed.

The MSP car was parked with its emergency lights on while investigating a car-deer crash at 1:12 a.m., March 17 on I-96 near Waverly Road in Eaton County, when the Tesla hit it, police said.

The Tesla was on autopilot and failed to move over, hitting the patrol car, police said.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Groover wrote:
Reisender wrote:

That was Nikola. Kinda funny actually. Their footage of their semi in motion was a glider going downhill. Lol. :). I think one of the big two had some kind of stake in them. Maybe ford?

That was GM.

Ford's problem is that their contracted battery supplier was found guilty of patent infringement so now their battery supply is in question.

Also, for all of the people competing with Tesla's self driving tech a major bump in the road may have just surfaced.

Lidar may be a hazard to society

Tesla is the only one I know of that is not relying on Lidar.

My son, a techie in avionics, said it's so sophisticated that it can recognize if a block of white ahead is a pile of snow or concrete barrier.

The latest is Tesla's FSD beta -- still being under road (real life conditions) tests.

It also uses a bunch of cameras.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:
Reisender wrote:

That was Nikola. Kinda funny actually. Their footage of their semi in motion was a glider going downhill. Lol. :). I think one of the big two had some kind of stake in them. Maybe ford?

That was GM.

Ford's problem is that their contracted battery supplier was found guilty of patent infringement so now their battery supply is in question.

Also, for all of the people competing with Tesla's self driving tech a major bump in the road may have just surfaced.

The latest is Tesla's FSD beta -- still being under road (real life conditions) tests.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Groover wrote:

Startups are difficult.

Specially if starting it with fraud.

One, forgot who, showed unpowered their vehicle going downhill mis-representing it as a test and proof of concept.

That was GM.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Groover wrote:

Startups are difficult.

One, forgot who, showed unpowered their vehicle going downhill mis-representing it as a test and proof of concept.

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
I would be careful throwing stones from a glass house, or throwing steel balls at the window.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:

Startups are difficult.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
:S

Sweet! Another EV thread!
I wonder if they talk about campers all day on the EV forums??
Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold