cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone else ever say, "I'm never buying another RV?

Nik
Explorer
Explorer
Here it is, our... er... my wife's new TT.

Current RV: 2003 Fleetwood Terra 26Y
Previous RV: 2015 Wildwood X-Lite FS T192BH
Previous RV: 1985 Itasca Sundancer (24')
Previous RV: 1984 Starcraft Starmaster 21
37 REPLIES 37

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
I have said that about a boat! Never about an RV. We love to use it, even on one night trips.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
Well last Jan. the dw said it's a dreary day lets go to the RV show. I thought what can that hurt just to kill some time. I told her okay but we're only going to kill time not get serious about anything. I had told her the previous year we were going to buy new tires and 2 new batteries. We were just getting ready to leave and I had started for the escalator to leave and she got side tracked and I here "oh honey come look at this". The rest is history. We ended up with a new left over 2013 Forest River Gray Wolf.

Well at least I got new tires and batteries. I just paid a little more than I had planned on spending.

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Nope but, I have said "our next RV Will be ....."

Over the last 30 years we've owned a PUP, two TTs, a 5th wheel and (currently) a conversion van. Just last week hubby said "Maybe next time we should get a truck camper." Who knows, we might get to try them all if we live long enough. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Teri (the RV.netter)

Eric (the significant other)

[purple]Angus (the fur-faced kidlet)[/purple]
The B (2008 Pleasure-Way Lexor RL-4)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

ezrydrs
Explorer
Explorer
Had the old TT for sale and said maybe in a couple years we'll get another one. Bought one 2 weeks later, before the old one was sold ๐Ÿ˜‰

texasAUtiger
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! Looks like fun is on the horizon... and it comes with that "new" car/trailer smell!
Dad, Mom, and two young kids
2015 Keystone Bullet 272BHS
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat SuperCrew, PSD 6.7
Husky Centerline TS hitch

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Former moderator here on the TT forum LAdams said just that...decided one day he was tired of fixing problems with his 30' Nomad, decided he was done with RVing, sold the TT and never looked back. Has a Honda Goldwing with matching trailer and does road trips now. No more camping. Quit camping cold turkey after 30 years of RV ownership. Not sure how you do that.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
We went through that myredracer. Now we're trying to inch back in size. Very hard to give up the recliners. If I could find a shorter travel trailer without a dinette or couch and with just two recliners, full kitchen, bath with shower and a queen size bed, I'd be all over it.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup. When we bought our first TT, we said to each other it was our "forever" RV.

On our first camping trip, the guy next to us kept poking fun at the newbies in the CG. Asked if we had two-foot-itis yet. Had to ask him what it meant. Shortly after that, went to get some parts at an RV parts store. Owner said it would not be our last RV so don't get carried away with mods (I did anyway). Didn't understand these comments at first and felt a bit bummed.

Well, they were right - that forever TT lasted just one year before we decided we wanted something bigger and better. Fast forward a bit more still, and we're now on our 3rd TT.... DW says that's definitely it otherwise she won't be able to retire in a couple of years. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Just happens to be our story. Enjoy whatever RV you have to the max. Sure wish we had discovered RV-ing sooner too - our kids would have loved it.

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 30ft Launch Ultralight - first one we've owned. There's something kind of mysterious about being out in it - kind of a draw, so to speak. Being able to brew a nice cup of coffee, cook a good meal and watch a movie on the TV. I think there's also something about being personally involved in the set-up, leveling, stabilizing, hooking up the utilities or generator - it's like camping without the bugs and dirt. We're mid-50's, and I wish we would have done this years ago.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
I've said this at least twice, and we sold the campers. It never lasted more than a year - probably less. Hello, my name is Beth, and I'm addicted to camping...
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
My wife actually said that this last time. We shall see. They say the woman is always right, but that may not apply to RVs. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
CSG wrote:
I will never buy another LARGE RV of any sort. Small is good.

There you go. I love my small TT.

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I stopped in at 2 RV dealerships to "just look" and for some funny reason the salespeople didn't believe me.

We got lucky with our first TT as the model number led us to believe it was "only 2 feet" longer than the other ones we were considering. Not only did it prevent a case of 2-foot-itis it was actually 6 feet longer than we anticipated. Lots of storage inside, a great kitchen, and a roomy bathroom.

So it should be easy to wait at least a few years for our next RV
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Those will be the words on my tombstone. That's the only way it will be true.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog