cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone use car ramps to level?

kirklandsc
Explorer
Explorer
I have a site that I cleared to put my TT on. Right now there is a fair amount of slope from side to side. I was just wondering if I could use a set of heavy duty car ramps to level it or should I use wood blocks? I know it is probably a stupid question but it was just an idea.
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 31 BHPR
2013 Ford F-250 Supercrew 4x4 6.2L gasser (10,000GVWR)
5 REPLIES 5

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I did to ours...I have added some timbers to keep gravel from falling

2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Rubber_Ducky1
Explorer
Explorer
Like the lumber center in my town says: "Wood is Good!":B

kirklandsc
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I did not post I have a 2013 Keystone Premier 31bhpr. I am going to level the site out soon. But I have been working cutting trees, getting water, sewer, etc for the past few weeks. We are going tomorrow for the weekend, so I was looking for a quick leveling solution. I had thought of using the ramps like a set of chocks. Back the back axle onto one until level then back it up a little more and put the other ramp in front of the front axle and it would settle down to level. But when I think about it that will defenitley be bad for the axles and tires because they will be on the sloping part of the ramp.

Well wood it is. Thanks for your help guys.
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 31 BHPR
2013 Ford F-250 Supercrew 4x4 6.2L gasser (10,000GVWR)

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
Since it is your site, can you dig down the high side a little in addition to adding some gravel or wood to the low side? You won't need to dig down the entire path, just where the tires will sit.

To answer your question, I would probably just use some wood if it were me.
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your profile doesn't say what type of trailer you have, but if it has two axles, there probably isn't room to get a car ramp between the axles. Car ramps are rather steep, if you don't need to go all the to the top where it would sit in the tire cradle (tire still on the ramp part) what are you going to do? Since you're going through the effort of cleaning it out, I'd haul a little bit of D1 gravel mix in there in a pick-up truck (your profile doesn't say what you're using for a TV) and get the parking spot closer to level.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.