cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox 1150 Slide Quit Working

Roadlover
Explorer
Explorer
We’ve had our 2012 AF 1150 for seven years without any slide problems. Then, about a month ago while traveling, we came back from a hike and the slide would not extent when pushing the rocker switch. I could hear the “click” from the module that sits near the fan below the bathroom, but there doesn’t seem to be any power to the slide motor. The fuse for the slide is fine and didn’t notice any issues when closing the slide before our hike. We just arrived home and want to further explore the issue this weekend. Any help would be appropriated. Thank you.
"The Journey is the Destination"

2015 GMC Denali 3500 DRW Duramax/Allison
TorkLift Talon Tiedowns, StableLoads and FastGuns with Locks

2012 Arctic Fox 1150 with Dry Bath with Fox Landing and Wobble Stoppers
4 REPLIES 4

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately the photo links are busted now but here was my first post when the first motor quit back in early 2007. We had purchased the camper a couple months prior new. The new replacement motor was supposed to have steel gears but again it broke due to a plastic gear. The folks over at Northwoods essentially told me they had never used plastic gears...This as I am holding the broken part in my hand.

The slide itself moved back and forth easily by hand with the motor out so it wasn't binding. Just crappy motor.

When the slide motor broke again in Alaska Northwoods told me there was nothing they could do. I was simply asking to buy a new motor, preferably at their cost and have it shipped to Alaska. Explaining the the last motor I had to purchase was supposed to be improved with no plastic gears and the Ron Nash himself had admitted that the had a batch of bad motors was of little concern. Ron is no longer taking care of customers due to a serious health issue. Ron was awesome to deal with. He truly cared about customer service.

The quote for another motor was almost 900 bucks just for the part after I found a dealer that would order it and ship it to me. I felt that the purchase price of our new camper should have included at least one non defective slide motor. Northwoods felt different and even offering to cover their cost for the part were not willing to help. Being out of warranty I wasn't expecting free, just reasonable given the history.

I wish I still had these original photos as they may have helped you replace the motor if that's what eventually needs to be done. Once you remove the rear dinette seat and drawer below it what needs to be done is reasonably obvious.

Good luck. Crossing fingers that your issue is simple.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/19317173/print/true.cfm
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the same problem as HadEnough. When you batteries get low, operating the slide can easily blow a fuse. Mine is one a 15 amp circuit. My RV guy suggested a 20 amp resetable fuse. Keep the tracks on the bottom of your slide out clean. Do not do much lubrication because it will collect dirt.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
There is another fuse to check first. Mine blew out once after hitting a"ski jump" in the road.

There is a small panel below your bathroom door or close to the slide in/out switch.

Open the panel to get access to the slide mechanism relay circuit.

Find the cylindrical fuse in the relay circuit and check that first.

Because you still hear the relay click, this should fix your problem. These motors don't seem to burn out often. They are very good.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2006 1150 had repeated issues with the slide. In our case it was defective motors breaking plastic gears. The replacement motors are ridiculously priced.

The motor is located under the back dinette seat if you want to start taking things apart.

I hope your situation resolves itself better than ours did.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.