cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arctic Fox 990 Fresh Water Tank

mkasner
Explorer
Explorer
Question for those with a 990. When you open the step to the cabover to see down into your FWT, is your pump pulling from the top of the tank or the bottom? I am wondering if my tank was installed upside down, meaning the water pump is pulling from the top of the tank and the "drain" is on the side, where if you were to flip the tank upside down the pump would be pulling from the bottom of the tank on the side (which is currently the drain) and the drain would be on the bottom of the tank, which is on the top currently being connected to the WP
4 REPLIES 4

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I think if you look closely, it has a pickup tube that runs inside from the winterizing fitting on top to the bottom of the tank.

I have a short hose running from the top of the tank to the 2 way valve on top, a long hose that is the input for winterization, and then the output from the valve to the pump.

The drain line runs from the lower rear end of the tank to the drain valve at the rear valve compartment.

There is a fill line and vent line running to the forward right side of the tank near the top.

No openings on the bottom. This is an '05 model.
Joe and Evelyn

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
Is this brandnew?
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

mkasner
Explorer
Explorer
jmckelvy wrote:
Just looked at mine. The pump input goes to a two way valve. One port connects to the winterizing hose and the other loops over and goes down under the tank area. I can't actually see where it connects but assume is connects to the bottom of the tank. It definitely does not connect to the top of the tank.

Are you having problems with the pump pulling water from the tank?

Yes because the factory from what I can tell has installed the tank upside down, the pump is pulling from a fitting in the top of the tank and the valve its connected to is for the antifreeze pickup.... I'll have to get some pictures

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked at mine. The pump input goes to a two way valve. One port connects to the winterizing hose and the other loops over and goes down under the tank area. I can't actually see where it connects but assume is connects to the bottom of the tank. It definitely does not connect to the top of the tank.

Are you having problems with the pump pulling water from the tank?
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet