cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome 6.0-Only Mechanic

FullTimingAt40
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I went fulltime this year, and we tow a 2013 Crusader 325RES with a '03 F250 232K with the infamous 6.0. The truck spent 4 out of 5 months in the shop this summer, went thru 3 "certified diesel mechanics" in that time and approx $13,000. We got it back from the last shop and a week later, no start yet again. In desperation I called the owner of Super Duty Service in Grain Valley, MO simply for advice as we were in New Orleans, LA. When I told Anthony the owner, our story and what had been done on the truck, HE JUMPED INTO HIS TRUCK AND DROVE 800 MILES TO NEW ORLEANS TO FIX OUR TRUCK! Not only did he point out what the other mechanics had done wrong or had ignored or had overrepaired, but he gave us lessons on how to maintain the truck that were contrary to what we had been told by the supposed "experts". Anthony wouldn't take any money from us for his trouble, he said we had paid enough to mechanics for this year. He also understands the needs of us RVers as he has done RV transport for years with his '06 6.0 that now has 798K on it. Just wanted to let our fellow RVers know, if you got a 6.0 with some issues I highly recommend getting it to Super Duty Service in Grain Valley, MO if at all possible.
51 REPLIES 51

SuperDutyServic
Explorer
Explorer
I actually talk to Eric quite often. You can definitely trust the Cooks. Krieger ford can handle anything you can throw at them.

wayward1
Explorer
Explorer
In central Ohio any ford diesel problems can be solved by competent mechanics at Kreiger Ford in Columbus, Ohio. From your F250 to F700's with Cat, Cummings, or Powerstroke power. Two brothers do all the diesel repairs there and have their own section in the building set up to take care of diesel trucks. I can say from personal experience over the life of two ford diesel pickups since 1999 and over 500,000 miles that they fix it right the 1st time. They even work on my IH with DT466 power. PM me for more info if desired.
Rick and Kristi (KNR)

SuperDutyServic
Explorer
Explorer
Super Duty Service is always on call!!!! Lol

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
great story. would be a good deal if 6.0 owners had a resource for ready maintenance and repairs. It's a shame that Ford and their dealers can't seem to provide that.
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

imadtchmn
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own a 6.0L but I do think Anthony is like alot of people. I have a 6.5 chevy and with the assistance of people like Anthony, I have been able to bulletproof my 6.5.

Like the 6.0, the 6.5 also has gotten a bad rap. I can say that I'll be keeping my 6.5 until it reaches 500,000 miles. It will run that long at least. I am also a person that will help others. Maybe that's why, when I do have an issue, others help me.

Thanks again Anthony, there are others out there like you.
1998 Chevy 6.5 TB Dually maxed out for power
2004 Dutchmen Classic 33RLK
DH George
DW Sherry
Dog Lady

Swamp_Man
Explorer
Explorer
We are so conditioned to the news media always hyping the bad, everything is bad, no one does any good things any more without a motive, and so on. I guess the news media would try to shoot down the story in the Bible of two people who past by a robbed and injured man but a stranger to that country stopped, helped him, and left him in the care of another and paid for his care. Anothony and his wife are great people. They are the ones to hold up as what is kind, decent, and giving.
Steve & Trudy Jackson
2018 Cyclone 4005
2016 Ford F-450 6.7 PSD
AirSafe 25K hitch

YakFishMo
Explorer
Explorer
Holy Moley! What a story. I just finished reading all of this post and the one on FTE. Glad there was a happy ending to this nightmare!
2012 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS
2015 F-350 6.7 CC DRW

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
NC Hauler wrote:
SuperDutyService wrote:
Thx guys,,, very kind words. I really think what goes around comes around. I had the opportunity to help someone out,,, So glad I did. Like I said before,, It felt great to do, I also welcomed the traffic n feedback for our company. I mean,,, we gotta eat. Lol

Don't own a Ford, don't need a mechanic...

Gee...might the one have something to do with the other? 😄

*ducks and runs*
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. 😞
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

SuperDutyFiver
Explorer
Explorer
Hah-I just read this whole thing tonight for the first time-nice that I didn't have o ride the roller coaster you all did-I woulda been suspicious too!

Glad to hear when people do GOOD things for others...

And once again-more evidence that there are lotsa guys that just have no clue as to how to fix a 6.0!
36' Carriage Carri-Lite 35rl3
PSD 4x4 Custom Tow Vehicle-the 550
PSD 4X4 2017 CC short box
PSD 4x4 SUV-the X

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Your one heck of a great guy Antony, my guess is you are a very blessed man. It is sad that there are some that think you and the OP were tiring to pull a fast one on us.

God Bless you and your wife Sir, but I'm sure he has!

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Great story. These things do happen and way more than you would think. As someone who has been fleeced by one dealer and treated like pure gold by another I can say for sure I believe this. I guess it takes bad to appreciate good and admire excellent. Excellent for sure Anthony! You don't know any anal duramax techs out west (just in case)?
Good job
Paul

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
SuperDutyService wrote:
Thx guys,,, very kind words. I really think what goes around comes around. I had the opportunity to help someone out,,, So glad I did. Like I said before,, It felt great to do, I also welcomed the traffic n feedback for our company. I mean,,, we gotta eat. Lol

Don't own a Ford, don't need a mechanic...but I have to say, you're one awesome guy....Integrity is hard to find now a day's and you're loaded with it...Thanks for being a "nice guy"....You ever get around the Asheville NC area, PM me, I'll buy you and your wife dinner..You've earned my respect for what you did for the OP...Wishing you lots of luck and business:)

Have a great weekend...
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

SuperDutyServic
Explorer
Explorer
amdriven2liv wrote:
It's always good to see these kind of stories. I followed that thread for days. Seeing Anthony and Julie jump in the truck and drag a trailer down there to help was, well, priceless!

If any 6.0L owners that haven't traveled over to the FTE site for information or help. I would highly suggest it. There are many folks on there willing to help and are on-line most of the time. If you post a question there, be sure to look for a reply shortly. You wont wait long.

Val and Shannon, enjoy your time RVing. Less worries now.

Great post Sean!!!! So true about the traffic on ford-trucks.com (FTE). We average about 300 members in the 6.0 section at any given time. We b family over there huh. Lol

amdriven2liv
Explorer
Explorer
It's always good to see these kind of stories. I followed that thread for days. Seeing Anthony and Julie jump in the truck and drag a trailer down there to help was, well, priceless!

If any 6.0L owners that haven't traveled over to the FTE site for information or help. I would highly suggest it. There are many folks on there willing to help and are on-line most of the time. If you post a question there, be sure to look for a reply shortly. You wont wait long.

Val and Shannon, enjoy your time RVing. Less worries now.
2004 F350 6.0L 4x4 CC LB King Ranch, Scangauge II
2010 Mountaineer 324RLQ,