Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AWNING TUBE !!!!!!

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
Quick question.

Once a awning tube is bent, you pretty much can kiss it good buy? and will this be cover under the insurance?:M

Thank you all--
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab
11 REPLIES 11

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
They sell the awning parts individually (arms, tube, fabric). The tube iteself would not be that expensive. I would guess around $300.

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago mine got wiped out in a storm in the middle of the night. Ripped the fabric and bent the arms and roller into a v shape. I took pics before I removed it and my insurance replaced it all. I had zero deductible at the time.

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I had my awning out while I was camping, had to make a trip home. I thought I had it tilted enough but a big storm came through and bent it. My insurance paid for a new tube and fabric replacement, no deductible.
Mark

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
Mine got bent last year (even though I had it sloped). Now I just don't unroll it the last 6 inches, and it always drains properly now.
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on how much it is bent. A slight bend might be repairable. Bent enough to have a kink in the metal is scrap metal.

There was a company selling a stiffener to put inside the roller tube. I don't know if they are still in business.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced my whole awning, brackets and all and it was really easy. If the fabric is still good you can just order the tube . I ordered mine from ppl out of Texas. If you go that route be sure to make sure it does not get bent in shipping. Our first one was and my wife accepted and made the exchange process a little more of a problem.

Al__B
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto, pretty easy stuff.

bob and donna wrote:
If your handy you can replace it DIY. just pay attention to the rivets and spring.
Cummins Powered

tewitt1949
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine got bent from rain and not having it at an angle. It didn't break or kink but when I rolled it up it would flop maybe 2-3 inches as it went around. What I did and not every body has one, is I have a tractor with a loader bucket. I just bent it the other way. It came out real good.
Terry Witt

bob_and_donna
Explorer
Explorer
my old Shasta had a bent tube when I bought it. If your handy you can replace it DIY. just pay attention to the rivets and spring. I also replaced the material.
2012 MVP Thaho 19 RBS

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Kiss it good bye...
Insurance?...probably, less your deductible.
Call your insurance for the 'real' answer.

True, no one here knows what your insurance company is going to do.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Kiss it good bye...
Insurance?...probably, less your deductible.
Call your insurance for the 'real' answer.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro