cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back door hinge

D1trout
Explorer
Explorer
Fellow Avionistas, one of the back door hinges on Argo has broken. I had it welded but it has just broken again. In looking for replacements, I ordered a set from Amazon but they were different dimensions so I returned them. VTS shows a set suitable for mid 60s Shastas but they are not currently available and arrival time is unknown.
My question is have any of you replaced those door hinges and, if so, where did you find suitable replacements? Alternatively, do any of you out there in Avionland have a spare hinge or hinges you could sell me?
Thanks, Dick
4 REPLIES 4

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
You could call Cayo RV at 1-239-463-5068 , they should be able to help .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey guys, long time no see. D1 great that you're still at it. I, too, have a piano hinge for the back door and the bathroom door.

DG

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
picture?

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
D1trout wrote:
Fellow Avionistas, one of the back door hinges on Argo has broken. I had it welded but it has just broken again. In looking for replacements, I ordered a set from Amazon but they were different dimensions so I returned them. VTS shows a set suitable for mid 60s Shastas but they are not currently available and arrival time is unknown.
My question is have any of you replaced those door hinges and, if so, where did you find suitable replacements? Alternatively, do any of you out there in Avionland have a spare hinge or hinges you could sell me?
Thanks, Dick

Dick, Iโ€™m a bit confused . My early 68 has an 1-1/2โ€ piano hinge the entire height . Seems like it would be an easy replacement . All my doors bath , closet, and cabinets have piano hinges .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed