cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to the TT forum for me - New Aistream Flying Cloud 30

NWnative
Explorer
Explorer
I have been on the RV.net forum for many years. Don’t post much but certainly ‘lurk’ and learn a lot from many of the discussions that take place. I started in the travel trailer forum, moved over to the fifth wheel, then the Class C, and now….I am heading back to the TT forum. Have agreed to terms and, will be trading the Class C in for an Airstream Flying Cloud 30. We are primarily weekend warriors with a few week long trips sprinkled in here and there. The DW and I are pretty excited about the next chapter in the book of RV ownership. Can’t wait to hitch it up and get out on the road! Oh…and should it come up (it always does in these forums)….my tow vehicle will work perfect for MY needs. Have the 7000 GVWR package with 2000 lbs of available payload. Tongue of new TT is 880lbs. With my wife, the two Shih Tzu’s, and fuel, will have about a 20% payload buffer. Truck is rated to tow 11100 lbs (would never do that) and the Airstream is 8800 max GVWR and 6500lbs empty……will have 20% safety margin there as well. Would love to hear from other Airstream owners on their experiences good or bad.
2019 Ford F250 Lariat CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 - 6.2 Gas w/4.30 Axle
2016 Airstream Flying Cloud 30RB / Blue Ox Sway Pro / Rock Tamers
2021 Mazda CX-9 Signature AWD
11 REPLIES 11

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
I was pining for an Airstream.....I looked long an hard for one that I could reasonably afford.....maybe next time. 🙂

I am envious of your new trailer....good luck with it. 🙂

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
I was pining for an Airstream.....I looked long an hard for one that I could reasonably afford.....maybe next time. 🙂

I am envious of your new trailer....good luck with it. 🙂

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
🙂 Hi, NW native; I'll be looking for you at Air Forums. Enjoy your new trailer.
🙂 Bob 🙂
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck with your new travel trailer and many happy travels.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! I'm jealous! We too just went back to a travel trailer, a 32.5' Jayco 28RLS. While at the dealership, we looked at a new 30' Classic Airstream. Would love to have one. Here's wishing you many years of happy travels with your new Airstream! :B
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new RV.

Pictures, we need to see pictures of your new TT. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

NWnative
Explorer
Explorer
eubank wrote:
Yes, indeed, do register yourself on the Airstream forums. A wealth of info specifically about your rig!

http://www.airforums.com

Lynn

Thanks for the tip....I will do that!
2019 Ford F250 Lariat CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 - 6.2 Gas w/4.30 Axle
2016 Airstream Flying Cloud 30RB / Blue Ox Sway Pro / Rock Tamers
2021 Mazda CX-9 Signature AWD

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new Airstream! Happy travels!

Cloughfam
Explorer
Explorer
Congratz on the rig. I had to do a google search to check it out, just beautiful.
2011 Jayco JayFlight 25BHS
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4X2 HEMI
Me, the wife, 2 sons...

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, indeed, do register yourself on the Airstream forums. A wealth of info specifically about your rig!

http://www.airforums.com

Lynn

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome back to the TT forum! You should also join the Airstream owners' forum for more Airstream specific information.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI