cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup camera

underpanda
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I just bought a new travel trailer. We have a dodge ram 2500 with a connect 5.0 radio. I was wanting to get a backup camera for the truck and the camper. The camper would be a wireless blue-tooth, I assume. Does anyone have a similar set up because I got to thinking that when you put the truck in reverse the truck backup camera would take precedent over the trailer backup, defeating the purpose.
18 REPLIES 18

5thwheeleroldma
Explorer
Explorer
Hate to pour cold water, but I have been trying to get a rear view camera work on my 5th wheel for about 6 years now. Vibration (I guess) keeps killing the camera. After replacing the camera and having it die within a couple years, I have given up on the idea.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
What did you use to connect the cameras to the uConnect?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

oxygen
Explorer II
Explorer II
Quidry
Which of the two cameras did you buy? How did you run the wires through the truck back to tt.?
thanks
Del
2012 F-150 XLT,screw, EcoBoost-3.5 liter, Heavy Duty, payload 2400
2014 Rockwood 2604WS, Equalizer head

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Wireless will be expensive for a good system. I decided on a wired system and bought the following from Amazon. Affordable and you can turn on the monitor whenever you want. Good for when you want to see behind you while on the road, especially when passing a slow vehicle so you can see that you are safely ahead. You just unplug the wires when you land at camp and unhook the RV. I ran the wires from a mounted camera (on my rear ladder) under the trailer and zip tied them to the front of the trailer. Everything is mobile and can be temporary or permanent as you want. Good luck

Camera system

a better camera

Cig lighter switch

Wire extension