cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Bullydog

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
Before our CA to TX trip to see our new granddaughter, we decided to buy the Bullydog 40425 50 state legal GT tuner for our 2010 Ram 3500 4x4 Cummins megacab pickup which tows our 2014 39' Keystone 5ver. Had my mechanic install it and he had probs downloading the program to tuner. After about an hour he called tech support and after being on hold 45 mins, they told him they had no tune for 2010 pickups and working on it. Might be a few months or a year or more!! The unit is for 2007.5 - 2010 Ram 2500/3500 with 6.7 Cummins. This started in March 2015 and to date Bullydog is not responding to e-mails and put on hold forever. Thought a 1 MPG savings on 500 gals of diesel would defray some of the cost. MSRP is $820!! I have a piece of junk stuck on my windshield that has temp and throttle position angle. My ram gauge cluster has temp already. Trailer Life let's them advertise each month and I get more angry each month. Just wanted to be legal in CA and not hassle with CARB.
10 REPLIES 10

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
That's too bad. While Bullydog isn't the best tuners avail, IMO, they're customs service has been good for me with the issues i had in the past.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
crcr wrote:
I bought a used 2004 Ram Cummins about a year ago. It came with a Bully Dog tuner. From reading online on Ram Cummins forums, these seem to have a mixed reputation, so I removed it and sold it on eBay.

I'm surprised you had difficulty speaking to someone at Bully Dog. I had to get some help from tech support at Bullydog to VIN-unlock the tuner, and I can say that I was impressed with their tech support. I had not bought the tuner from them, but still, they were extremely helpful to me, and I never waited particularly long to speak to a person at their tech support.

Good luck!

I agree. I had to have mine updated because of a shifting problem it caused at first and they were great. They are a different co. now though so I don't know how they are now.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
Their site is a little misleading on this. The CC Rams in 2010 were still the same as 2009. This is the reason they told you they don't have them for pick-ups. Mine worked fine on my 2010 CC. I had to install it telling the programmer it was going on a 2009 truck.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a used 2004 Ram Cummins about a year ago. It came with a Bully Dog tuner. From reading online on Ram Cummins forums, these seem to have a mixed reputation, so I removed it and sold it on eBay.

I'm surprised you had difficulty speaking to someone at Bully Dog. I had to get some help from tech support at Bullydog to VIN-unlock the tuner, and I can say that I was impressed with their tech support. I had not bought the tuner from them, but still, they were extremely helpful to me, and I never waited particularly long to speak to a person at their tech support.

Good luck!

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
I only run propane through my bully dog; adds 400 hp

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck pursuing a remedy. Interesting that they are still advertising the product applicable to your Vehicle. Are you certain the installer did it correctly? Did you personally talk to BD? Something doesn't seem right here.

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=452&ModelEngineID=394&Year=2010

Have you carefully read all the instructions?

http://www.bullydog.com/documents/40425_Instructions.pdf

I have never used a tuner and don't plan to but many do so apparently with anecdotal success.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
That's what credit cards are for. I would have returned it for a refund. Complaining here won't help you.

Find out what your card terms are, you may be too late.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
Since you have the Good Sam member logo on your profile why not contact
the Good Sam Action Line and see if they can get you any help.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
A tank and a bit of fuel savings? Wouldn't have bothered. $800 will buy a lot of diesel.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
6.7 Cummins......no tuner needed
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31