cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

battery

nikkijohnrv
Explorer
Explorer
I'm new to the TT world. I have taken the battery out of our TT and have i forgot which wire is positive and which is negative. I see two wires from my TT.
One wire is Orange and the other is white. Need assistance hooking the battery back correct way.
14 REPLIES 14

S_more_campers
Explorer
Explorer
Our Fleetwood - Red positive, white negative.

Take your time and get it right. Just following the cables back to where one connects to the frame will do.

dannytas
Explorer
Explorer
Our Keystone Springdale...white-ground, black-positive
2014 Keystone Springdale 202QBWE
1998 Dodge 1500 Club Cab, 4x4, 5.9 magnum
DW-Lynn
BigDog-Kelley
LittleDog-Kroozer
LittleCats-Pokie and Dottie

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Iraqvet05 wrote:
Tvov wrote:
Orange and white battery cables?? I've always only seen red (positive) and black (negative), sometimes white for negative (or ground). Is this something new?

Oh wait... is your red cable faded from sun exposure maybe?

Jayco uses household (120v) wiring color standards. On mine, the negative is white and the hot (positive)) is black. I'm not sure if other TT makers use conventional auto (12v) wiring color standards,

Okay, now I am going to go out and double check how my trailer is setup. But I am pretty sure (with this old memory) that my Forest River is red positive and white negative - at first I thought black, but now that I think about it I am pretty sure it is white.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
nikkijohnrv wrote:
Thank you all. Very helpful. We will look at the wires tonight. And we will start to take a picture of the wires next time
Mark them so there is no confusion.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Plug your trailer into the house, use a typical battery tester between the orange wire and the metal frame. It should light up. If not, try the same on the other wire. Whichever one lights the battery tester is the +.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

nikkijohnrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. Very helpful. We will look at the wires tonight. And we will start to take a picture of the wires next time

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Iraqvet05 wrote:

Jayco uses household (120v) wiring color standards. On mine, the negative is white and the hot (positive)) is black. I'm not sure if other TT makers use conventional auto (12v) wiring color standards,

On my KZ black is hot and white is neutral as well, for both 120v and 12v wiring.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
Orange and white battery cables?? I've always only seen red (positive) and black (negative), sometimes white for negative (or ground). Is this something new?

2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's too late now but, next time use your cell phone, etc., to take a picture of the battery while it's still connected.
I started doing that with many things I take apart, it saves a lot of guessing and confusion.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
DSMC Whiz wrote:
White should be ground.

Yep, most likely.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

DSMC_Whiz
Explorer
Explorer
White should be ground.

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to trace one of the two wires to where it attaches to the frame and that would be the negative. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Use a volt meter. Plug your trailer into your house or your tow and then test the wires with the volt meter. Start with volt meter red to trailer orange and black to white. If it reads 13.xx volts, your orange wire is positive. If the meter reads -13.xx volts, the white wire is positive (very doubtful.)
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed