Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

An old Pop-Up

Sarah and I saw this 1933 Kozy Kamp Pop-Up Trailer at the Montana Auto Museum in Deer Lodge. From the Kozy Kamp brochureA Home Behind Your CarLight, strong, compact, low-hung.Open into comfy home in 90 seconds.Roomy beds for four adults.Beds open au...

pulsar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Two Travel Trailers one large one very small?

We currently have the 31 ft. TT in sig. We have gone from Pop-up when we had young kids to a 24 ft and now the Open Range for just the two of us (and two large dogs). We love the TT and it has proven the perfect set-up for us. Our typical trips ha...

DwnSth by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Torklift Talons

I've been on this great site for 10 years andI have been trying to decide Happijac or Torklift for the tie downs on my new Ram 2500. My current Budget after buying the truck allows for a couple ofRatchet straps. But then "boom" it happens! I got a me...

Keystone - never again

New 2017 Keystone trailer, on trip of 600 miles. Cabinet door hinges falling off, dealer never flushed antifreeze from system, Water heater won't work on propane, water pump wouldn't work was sucking air. Dealer adjust electric brake controller wrong...

RBPerry by Explorer
  • 58 replies
  • 0 likes

Suspension upgrade??

I have a suspension conundrum. I would like to minimize sway with the Bigfoot. No big issue on 2 trips...Maryland to Houston and Houston to Broken Bow, OK. But getting into some high winds out west could get interesting. I also have a 5th wheel. Both...

Easy food ideas

Going camping with another family at the end of the month, does anyone have a go to easy special meal that isn't the same old burgers and hot dogs

dadechil by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

Best route to Florida in January

We are going to Florida again in January and I would like to know if anybody has traveled this route and how are the roads.I 81 south to Stauton VA exit 221 then take 64 East towards Richmond exit 175 then onto 288 south toward Chesterfield then pick...

City Water Flange

Whilst winterizing my TT, I made sure that the RV plumbing anti-freeze went everywhere it needed to go, including the city water connection.How did I do that, you ask?Well, with the system almost fully pressurized with the on board water pump, I push...

_1nobby by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

One Step Closer

On Friday we finalize the purchase of a 2016 Grand Design 317RST to be used full time after retirement next year. It is 35' weighing 10,138 empty carrying a GVWR of 13,995. The dealer agreed to store it for us until next year. Now comes the hard part...

DIY pressure test

Well I have a leak in my camper I'm trying to trace down. I am getting water at the front passenger corner at the bottom of the mattress. With it being a Northern Lite camper with full fiberglass the possible locations for the water to get in are...

maxum1989 by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing Cover on Wet Trailer

It's been raining here every day for the past 3 weeks and I'm beginning to think I live in Seattle. I winterized my rig and parked it for the season weeks ago, but I have been reluctant to cover it while it's wet and raining. My wife isn't keen on ...

Batteries

I have older 8ft TC that I just changed the furnace in since the old gravity furnace died of old age.It was only 40 yrs old. Got a new furnace that they say draws 2.7 amps. Now I need to upgrade the batteries as I use it for skiing and can not alwa...

kayco53 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes