Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

how much camper can I carry

Ok, so I know for the guys who buy the big campers there are no trucks that could leagaly carry them, but a few mods and a way you go. so my delema is we want a newer camper with a few more features ofwe are going to be using it more often. well ne...

How could this be?

I usually get around 13 mpg when pulling my 33ft,11000lb loaded, fifth wheel. That, of course, is on flat ground doing 60 with no headwind. My truck is a 2018 Ram 2500, diesel with a 373 axle rating. I recently bought a 26 ft. travel trailer, 5000lb...

Putting some glide in the ride….

Fellow Avionistas, Argo and I have been cruising around the west recently in pursuit of the wily trout. Annie was in the back yesterday as we rolled along and remarked on how bouncy and noisy it is back there. Let me ask your opinions about the bounc...

D1trout by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Tacozilla?

A Taco as a TC. Tacozilla My first MH if you could call it that was a 77 Chinook on a Toyota. This looks like a better layout.

GM's New LT6 Engine

For you gear heads this new engine is a work of art.670HP naturally aspirated5.5 LiterForged titanium rodsTitanium intake valves12.5:1 compressionHigh flow intake systemCross plane crankEnjoy... Link

FishOnOne by Explorer III
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Will camper fit?

I have a 2018 Ford F-250 with a 6 1/2 foot bed. Thinking of buying a nice used 1999 Lance 910. Will this fit in my truck lengthwise? Researched and some say no that center of gravity will be off. I am new to the slide in camper, have always pulled t...

Bought our trailer, now come the questions!

We feel we did a good deal of research and are pretty happy with our trailer overall. I have a few questions about QOL (Quality of Life) with it, minor things. First, the light switch gets very warm. Is that normal? Anything to look into or worry abo...

mkenyon2 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

pick up Eagle Cap 1165

The wife and i picked up a 2014 1165 Eagle Cap in Colorado. We left Brookings Oregon Monday picked it up Wednesday. Started back home Thursday we went thur six states, snow, hail, rain and 40 mph plus winds in Wyoming and arrive home Sunday afternoon...

mpoulsen by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding scissor jacks for side to side leveling

My Forest River Salem has electric 'stabilizer' jacks (pivot, won't work for side/side leveling even IF they were strong enough). And the usual front A frame jack. I do NOT like to drive onto (2x6, lego blocks, curvy plastic thingies, etc). I rather ...

vtraudt by Explorer
  • 58 replies
  • 0 likes

Hello

Where is everyone? Marty is still alive, he posted over on general. Anyone know what is best (gas or diesel)?How much air should I put in my tires?I did see the picture of Phil's new Ford on FW section. Very nice! Ford gassers are best, aren't they?H...

MFL by Nomad II
  • 66 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I reuse this backup camera.

I was excited to notice this backup camera attached to the rear of the used camper we bought. Toward the front, the connector looks intact (a single Red RCA style connector) and zip-tied up under the frame.I'm wondering if it would be hard to get the...

mkenyon2 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes